close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing in Glennie, MI?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by live2bowhunt, May 13, 2005.

1. live2bowhunt

live2bowhunt

Just wondering if anyone does any fishing around glennie mi? I will be heading up in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knows of any good trout streams or what lakes to fish around there. Looking for good pike, walleye or bass lakes. Any help would be appreciated.

2. vanwagm

vanwagm

Used to fish Vaughn Lake a few times each summer. Great fishing lake....bass, pike, walleye, and very nice gills.

3. Molson

Molson

Alcona pond, Au Sable River

4. hoffie1

hoffie1 Premium Member

Up river or down river from bamfield dam holds all the fish you are looking for.If shore fishing a good bet would be down river along the power line access near the sand hill before it turns into a two track.There are a couple of nice holes in that area.If boat fishing I agree with Molson.

hoffie

5. boots741

boots741

There where I would fish...lots of nice Pike in Alcona Pond.

walleye50 likes this.
  6. bassinthepads

bassinthepads

Alcona pond for pike & walleye & big pearch

7. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

Yep, Alcona pond would be the place. Been fishing there alot of years and have seen many pike over 20lbs. come out of there and 3 to 4 lb. smallies, walleyes of 10lbs. and some nice panfish. Has about everything. Can get a campsite on east primitive right on the lake for $10 a night and put your boat right at shore. ;)

walleye50 likes this.
  8. fishing addict

fishing addict

You also have some of the best trout waters in the state from Mio to Mckinley on the Au-Sable.
    Foote Dam isn't too far from there either.There are some prime lakes in the area,also.
    Below Alcona Dam,has some neat water too,and a fishing pier on the tail out,from the dam.

9. arrowdog

arrowdog

What size boat can I get onto Alcona pond. I drive by it all the time, but have never fished it. I have an 18 foot glass boat. Is this too big. Are there any areas that we need to look out for, stumps, sand bars etc?
    Thanks

10. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

lots of stumps alll over the lake :yikes: wouldn't go very fast out there unless you know where your going. The main center of each side (kinda divided into 2 sections) is pretty clean, but the area connecting the 2 is really stumpy and shallow weeds. Have to be careful. Lots of down timber on bottom all over. If you troll for walleye, most of locals use harnesses that they build themselves to save cost. I'd say a 16' or or so would be plenty big. Always used 14' alum. with no problems. I've never been to fletchers pond, but from what i've heard, is its like a smaller version. Has the AuSable river channel through the lake which gives you depths of 20' or better alot of places though. They have maps of old river bed in park office. Its the same one you can print of DNR site.

11. live2bowhunt

live2bowhunt

How close to Bissonette Rd. are all of these places? We drive over a dam before we get to bissonette rd and I can never remember the name of the dam. :confused: I have fished there a few times but can never remember the name. Its after Hale and after the Bear Store. And thanks for the input!

12. smokinjoe

smokinjoe

The one just past the bear store is Five Channel dam. Alcona pond is the next one up.

13. hoffie1

hoffie1 Premium Member

If you take bissonette rd. to the west you will come out near bamfield dam.Also loud dam is about 2-3 miles west of 5 channel dam.Lots of decent fishing in that area.

hoffie

14. James5268

James5268

I was wondering if i could permission from someone to get on hunter lake in glennie during ice fishing season. i would be very thankful. You can add me on facebook my facebook name is James Cronk or you can add me on snapchat @ jamescronk14. or instagram @ jamescronk14