Fishing donations

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Zkovach1175, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175 Premium Member

I’m a board director at a kids camp. The camp was closed this year but I have been setting aside equipment for their fishing program. When I went there as a kid it was just a bunch of bamboo rods and line. Anyways I’m looking for any donations like rods, reels, lures, and tackle boxes. Anything really to upgrade their fishing program. I’d be happy to pay for shipping etc. thanks!

the lake holds mostly gills, crappie, and a LOT of bass.

Crestliner 16 likes this.
  2. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

You looking for a free 4 man ice shanty? it’s in decent shape the plastic skis are a little bent ? It was given to me and it’s just not what I want. It is just taking up space. It folds down and uses poles like a tent to keep it up

I have a bunch of older ice fishing rods too that were my grandpas. I don’t want to throw away but, I have no use for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crestliner 16 and Zkovach1175 like this.

3. Zkovach1175

wow that’s awesome! Camp is only open in the summer but I just moved to a lake and am looking to get into ice fishing. I’d be happy to pick it up and pay yah or trade some items if you like. I think I remember you being a spoon guy? I remember you introducing me into those limited daredevil spoons. Pike fisherman? I may have some things I could let go of. Whatever you have for ice fishing I’d use for myself. I have zero equipment. Let me know what you want to do.

4. Zkovach1175

Also if there’s any tackle shop owners that could get me wholesale pricing on stuff I’d look at that as well.

5. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Can we get a receipt for the donations for taxes? I'm gonna scale back this year...not sure if I'll donate or sell gear on line but it's time and I have good toys..just a question for now..

6. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

What age group of kids

7. Zkovach1175

8-15

8. Zkovach1175

I know you can. I gotta check and see who issues them.

6Speed likes this.
  9. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

Do you ever get up the Houghton Lake way

10. tincanary

tincanary

I think I have a few rods and reels laying around I can give. One is a 7' UL Pflueger spinning rod, a 6' UL/L (comes with 2 tips) casting rod, a 6' ML Guide Series spinning rod, a 6' L Ugly Stik spinning rod, a Pflueger Monarch spinning reel, a UL Shakespeare spinning reel, plus some other stuff. I'd just hate to toss it all out, and if it gets the kids interested in fishing, all the better.

Crestliner 16 and Zkovach1175 like this.
  11. Zkovach1175

that would be awesome! Thank you. I can let you know when I’m around warren. Usually weekdays during work hours if that’s ok. If not I can make a special trip.

12. Zkovach1175

Closest I get is 1-75 heading to the UP. I could make a special trip if it was a decent donation I guess. It would be a bit of a haul. Lol

13. tincanary

tincanary

I'm usually home for lunch midday, so let me know when you wanna come around. I'll have to go poke around the garage and see what I have that I don't need anymore.

14. Zkovach1175

7FD47C80-5F69-4A39-AF41-D87DF4BC446B.png
    I did spend some money on new stuff for camp. Got 4 zebco combos for 15 bucks ea. Figured u can’t beat that. 3000 yard service spool Of 6 lb. and a rod storage rack. Thanks for the offers guys and will definitely put them to use at the camp.

Crestliner 16 and fisheater like this.
  15. Zkovach1175

I appreciate it. I can let you know a couple days ahead of time. If you want a tax receipt I’ll need to take down your info and send it to the director. There’s no rush on this. Camp starts in June. Again many thanks