close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fish point lodge for sale ?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by O woodeye, Sep 10, 2017.

1. O woodeye

O woodeye

Went for a deer scouting ride tonight and seen boats and lodge for sale. Anybody know what's up?

2. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

been for sale for a while.

3. jonesy16

jonesy16

Yeah Dougs getting out of the buisness. All of his boats are for sale for decent prices though.

4. smoke

smoke

I heard from Doug and Chris its actually sold, but waiting final paper work etc. They are opening a museum in Sebawaing with an antique and art shop connected. Doug has amassed a nice collection of vintage waterfowl gear and other antiques they want to display. They've got a building downtown. The second floor of the building was a b&b and they may try to open that as well.

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  5. Fish Point 1

Fish Point 1

Just in case it hasn't occurred to anyone to ask us, we are operating through this year's season. Doug's guided hunts are booked up, as usual. We are offering blind rental, but due to the non-wadeable water level we will rent only to those with their own boats and decoys so they can safely retrieve downed birds. We do have a prospective buyer, but it is a process which takes time and nothing is in stone. Our future plans are to have a Saginaw Bay area duck hunting and fishing museum along with an antiques and art store in Sebewaing. We are hoping for a grand opening in May of 2018. We were made aware of the rumors flying around the internet and wanted to get the story right. Thanks to all of you who have supported our endeavors over the years! We hope everyone takes the higher water levels seriously and want all to have a safe season!

6. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

OK.... All those excuses are gone for some serious spring steelhead fishing trips now.... lol

Wishing you guys the best and will swing on by before long...

aka... Johnny

7. smoke

smoke

I'm certain whatever Doug and Chris pursue it will be a success, its just how they roll. Great people with an awesome head for business. I may have to travel over for the grand opening in May. I need an excuse to get over there anyway.

craigrh13 likes this.
  8. Brougham

Brougham

9. just ducky

just ducky

Thanks for the update Chris! Looking forward to one last hunt with Doug in early November. It will be a sad day, but also optimistic with your new chapter just beginning.

smoke likes this.
  10. smoke

smoke

Chris are you going to have adult beverages at the grand opening? :)

11. just ducky

just ducky

Whoa...great idea there smoke ol' buddy. Make it a really GRAND opening ;)

12. smoke

smoke

Problem is if its an art gallery too, they may have wine. :eek: But i'll bet Chris and Doug will have a little stashed somewhere. ;)

just ducky likes this.
  13. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

I have the Captain's'.... made for a lot of memories... ;)

14. duckbuster0123

duckbuster0123

How can they rent out blinds on public waters? I thought all blinds are first come bases

15. limige

limige

And that is a very good question duckbuster.
    If it has a motor and is registered it's a boat and not open for anyone but I'm pretty sure they aren't.
    I believe most ppl are courteous to doug since he has always supported the community. They are great folks. If you stoop that low then you'll likely have many ppl to deal with.
    Legally speaking I'm not familiar with any laws for guides having soul use of their blinds on public lands. But it's called respect and not being a useless human being

smoke and natureboy2534 like this.