Fish Point Conditions?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by roostman, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Mike L

Mike L

Just a little info for those who do not know ? If the wind conditions stay the same ?
    Out of the south ? I would stay on the east side of the refuge, action will be the first hour, then from 3pm til dark. A zone often looked over is 68.....FP ducks have a natural flyway and they split the zones using the hedge rows as a guide/route. 68 can at times be very productive.

Same with 20/21....21/22 they use the splits between the zones as a route. Most generally after the first weekend. My personel choice for the opener ? 10, you will limit late afternoon.
    Go down to the stake that splits 10 and 11.....:)

deadduck365 and Bertslash like this.
  2. craigrh13

craigrh13

10 is my favorite as well. It’s always treated me well.

3. natureboy2534

natureboy2534

Best pick is the last drawn..;)
    More times it works out for the better and a better Quality hunt..:)

4. deadduck365

deadduck365

If you were on that stake this morning you could have killed a bunch. Unfortunate for the guys in 10 they were unable to get down there. It was like a mini refuge. Shooting was fast and furious at the start then trickled down to here and there as usual. All in all it seemed like most areas got some shooting in. The draw went pretty smooth. It was actually nice to be able to hear the draw numbers without everybody starting to talk loudly. They reported each pick over the radio in your truck. I would suggest a copy of the map and a notepad. You can mark off the areas as they are picked so when you go up to choose you are all ready to go. Good luck to everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

daddyduck likes this.
  5. Mike L

Mike L

Yep, seen it numerous times, guys want to setup in the middle.......wrong !
    Decoys belong on the east side as well, that's where the small grains are planted.
    Live and learn.....

6. deadduck365

deadduck365

Unfortunately the guys were well into their 70’s and the young guys that were supposed to bring the decoys and help out never showed. They were only physically able to go so far and only had a dozen decoys. I wish we would have known. We had plenty of extra decoys and would have gladly helped them get set properly. I honestly think this covid prevented us from talking to them beforehand. I usually like to have a quick conversation with those around me to get a feel for how it is going to go. We totally could have helped them out if we had a short conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

duckboy123 and Bertslash like this.
  7. Mike L

Mike L

Oh, thats a sad story. I "Know" you would have helped. Damned covid has messed this year up for sure. I did that to guys in 24 once. We were in 25 having a very good shoot, 24 was set up wrong. I felt sorry for them, I went down and asked them if they wanted to shoot some ducks.
    Told them to grab a dozen decoys and follow me. They did and I set them up about ten ft from the stake leaving a pocket to there zone, and we didn't call and pulled some of our decoys.

They ended up shooting 5 for the morning and thanked us for the knowledge. Also told them to put there calls in there pockets.....lol

duckboy123, Bertslash and deadduck365 like this.