First Saturday at the zoo

Discussion in 'Icefishing Lk. St. Clair' started by Carpenter Bill, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

You missed the grand opening Saturday , The whales were snapping. Open the ice mags it through this warm spell hard to say there's not much ice to begin with. If there Any ice it will be open Saturday. Good luck be safe, And use your Spud. Hook them in the lips

Nodinkdevin likes this.
  2. Nodinkdevin

Nodinkdevin

Would love to whale hunt with ya once this year hopefully Saturday

Carpenter Bill likes this.

3. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

To all fellow whale hunters there is ice at the zoo, the raft Fairhaven or Selfridge this Saturday. We should all have a moment of silence at 7:20 a.m., For all of our lost whale hunters. No matter what the reason is a man lost his life here. And I could have been me are you.

4. outdoorsman48049

outdoorsman48049

man i hate weekend fishing, but if there's ice and you guys want to meet up somewhere, i'm in.....

5. 6667supersport

6667supersport

They definitely dropped the temps this week from what they were saying.

6. FivesFull

FivesFull

Temps look good wind and snow accumulations don’t look good. Lots of cracks at the zoo that stayed tight with SW winds. NE is scary wind

jumbojake likes this.
  7. 6667supersport

6667supersport

They are forecasting N/NE winds Wednesday night into Thursday morning with gusts in the low 40's. Just can't catch a break this year.

jumbojake likes this.
  8. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Anyone heading out today please Post up ice conditions, Looking like us framers will have a fishing day tomorrow due to snow. The Barometer will be falling tomorrow gonna get Them Wales snapping. Had some of my best days in weather conditions like tomorrow. Be safe and hookem In the lips on a Halle Jig.

Allnight likes this.
  9. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

From looking at ice on the Belle river near me I wouldn't try it. Doesn't look good

10. FivesFull

FivesFull

I got the day off tomorrow. Not even entertaining the zoo unless I feel like trolling. I’ll be ducking into a canal on a bucket maybe an igloo by the end of the day

11. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

A canal don't sound badd, I just have no access to the dark side. But Sitting on a bucket can get a little rough, Lol. May just have to take my shany set up on a dock in the back basin, Fish out the windows told me about a foot down to the Ice. Good luck and be safe, And hook them in the lips

12. the roofer

the roofer

Be safe there bill..I checked 1 lake and a few ponds around me and they went to garbage fast..my mind is made up I’m river fishing from a boat again tomorrow..don’t let the zoo get the best of ya..the animals Will always be there.

13. salmon_slayer06

salmon_slayer06

Be careful out there. Better bring life jacket so you can pull yourself up or throw to someone else that may have went in. It's deep water now

14. jumbojake

jumbojake

it's toast unfortunately,nothan is holding her from shore.never got thick enough to begin with.dat and offshore ne blow combination with de storm commin inn.odds are facked against us once again.don't go out there it's game over:(

Lever4ever, Tryin2, Old lund and 4 others like this.