First Saturday at the zoo

Discussion in 'Icefishing Lk. St. Clair' started by Carpenter Bill, Nov 23, 2019.

1. outdoorsman48049

outdoorsman48049

I hear packs of them here at night howling...... one evening, after dark, my son and i were working on a vehicle, in my barn, and i hear a coyote barking, close.....real close..behind my house, i live in the woods.I ran up to the edge of the house, it was pitch black behind house.....it was there barking not 100 ft from me...not thinking i ran toward it, yelling, "get out of here"....and then i realized, oh sht, i can't see a thing....and this weird coyote is somewhere near me.....it stood in the woods, 200 ft from me, barking at me......sooo, i went into house, grabbed the ten gauge, put in a buck shot...and walked out into the dark....as he started barking, i let a round go.....well it did stop his barking...and he never did come back......i've called and shot a few of them.I had a very scary thing happen.I heard knocking at my door, like i said, i'm off the road and in the woods....i was working midnights.i walked to door, looked out, knowone there....hmm hearing things...went back to bed...knocking again, frantic....i walked back to door....i look out, knowone...then i hear crying....i look down, two little girls, one 3, the other 5, with buckets in hand.....i walk out, they both are terrified....i'm like hi, are you girls ok? the youngest one says....."we didn't know if you were a good man or a bad man"...i almost melted....honest to god....i said, where are you girls from???so i said, to the 5 year old, do you know your moms number......? she said, yea, i was shocked...i handed her my phone, she dialed it her mom answered, and she just was crying mom, mom , i took the phone, and told her mom, "come get your girls, they're safe....take your time....she was here in two min, they wandered away from their yard a 1/4 mile away.....i told the mom, when they couldn't hear me.Your girls were in great danger, there are huge coyotes around here, they would kill both these girls if they were found....be very careful......please......the dad came the next day...and thanked me....i told him the same thing.....coyotes can be very dangerous....sorry for the long post......

2. fishing dave

fishing dave

That sad and the worst part was a neighbor and you can do or say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

3. fishing dave

fishing dave

You do know it’s illegal to snare coyotes on state land but it is legal to snare him on your property now for me it was five dollars for a senior trapper license to be legal look on YouTube they tell you how to snare coyotes and what to use for bait I bought my snares at Northwoods. I think they were right around $4.50 a snare they are legal for Michigan because if a deer gets into the deer can kick the snare off.
    Also I figured on snow during deer season if you get a deer you can use the gut pile as bait and put the snares in all the routes that childish would use they like a route that is easy to access their bait and easy to leave if you’re also if it’s on a run if you put a little Twig in the run it will make them lift their head up to the proper position for the snare

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    outdoorsman48049 likes this.
  4. fishing dave

fishing dave

Yes I had to look the next morning. I shot one earlier in the season waited a half hour went to look for it couldn’t find it so I called in and Deer Tracker from Rose City we went all around the property we kept finding blood finally it went across the Rifle River I lost it he told me it look like a good shot he said you never go after a good shot until the next day so when I shot this one it didn’t look right and I’m scared I might have their coach that was going down until like a little valley so I left it till the next morning and when I found it that’s what it look like the rear end was eight out of it lost some of my steaks it was a small deer

5. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Hopefully February treats us better than January did. Need ice here when I get back. The countdown is on,heading to the lake of the woods Sunday morning. Good luck and be SAFE and hookem in the lips on a gold true turn.

jumbojake, ziado and Fishinmi like this.
  6. FivesFull

FivesFull

The birds have been singing the last ice song the past few mornings

KrappieJ likes this.
  7. Nodinkdevin

Nodinkdevin

:cheeky-sm:banghead3

8. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Not at lake of the woods ,36inchs of ice. Lol can't wait to get out there.

outdoorsman48049 likes this.
  9. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Not yet. Was on it today in 3 different locations. Too bad it took all day to find the piggy's. Did manage to get a limit of gills and sunnys.

10. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Did get a bunch of these too. This was the biggest at just a tad over 5lbs

Attached Files:

11. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Gotta love it last day of work heading to Lake of the woods, Looks like little luck Of the Irish, Jumbo Perch bite is on, Galley picture from up there from yesterday and there some hogs, I still haven't learned how to upload pix, See if we can get the Roofer to post the pic. I will be learning how to upload pix while on this trip. Good luck be Safe and hokum in the lips. Hopefully the zoo will be opened when I return.

12. the roofer

the roofer

I was keeping it a secret..but ok.. 242791E9-EF9D-4ABE-9213-00E8AC9340DC.png

13. FivesFull

FivesFull

Yeah I'm about to hit some canals in a little bit. It's just sucks being confined to a few areas. Was nice being up north last week and taking quads anywhere we wanted got to stretch the legs a little

billfer likes this.
  14. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Now them are some serious Wales, I can't wait to get up there give you boys a clinic on bead fishing jumbos.

jumbojake, chasing em and billfer like this.
  15. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Little bit of the Lake of the woods Wales, I don't care where you fish those are some World class Wales.

GRUDER and kennyb1 like this.