First Saturday at the zoo

Discussion in 'Icefishing Lk. St. Clair' started by Carpenter Bill, Nov 23, 2019.

1. 6667supersport

6667supersport

28 degrees is lowest temp in the next 9 days. Gonna have to check the wind forecast, might have to cast the river one night here soon to keep from going stir crazy. Can only watch so many youtube videos.

Johnr, slabstar, jumbojake and 5 others like this.
  2. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Between Saturday and Sunday I watched over 30 videos Fishing in Wisconsin and Minnesota L the Lake of the woods. Been going crazy Not being able to get out down here. Still looking forward to my 1st Saturday at the zoo. 5 days a work left leave in Sunday morning Lake of the woods. Will be Putting up picks from the trip on this thread .and live from The shanty. I am totally stoked. Good luck be safe and hook them in The lips.

3. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Yesterday was perfect "fish green" Norm

KrappieJ likes this.
  4. KrappieJ

KrappieJ

I’ve been watching cascade lake perch fishing videos for a week this weather Sucks

Carpenter Bill and jumbojake like this.
  5. 6667supersport

6667supersport

I have been trying not to watch fishing videos, but they always seem to pop up and then I click on them :mad:

Tryin2, KrappieJ and Carpenter Bill like this.
  6. the roofer

the roofer

Do u realize Bill,,that U started this thread in November..u just might happen to be the whole reason the main lake won’t freeze..not looking good at all..but we’ll be fishing side by side in about 170 hrs..fish on..and I’ll hook a dozen a day for sure in the lips...

7. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Figured it would happen Seen people fishing a November the 16th , And on the way back from deer camp, The Bay was frozen close to shore in spots . Just shows how much I love Spending shanty time at the zoo. But there is plenty of ICE at Lake in the woods. Might stay there for the rest of the season if I can find a job doing some maintenance on fishing shacks Or build a few brand new ones. I can build a million dollar house, I can build one sweet Fishing shack. Can't wait to hit the ice at Lake of the woods, Gonna leave their in fish my way back to Michigan. But there is no place like home, Love being part of the elite whale hunters . Good luck be safe and hook them in lips on a gold True Turn

8. fishing dave

fishing dave

️ it

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

9. fishing dave

fishing dave

Well since I can’t ice fish at zoo I’ll do the next best thing . Make a pot of chill with my deer meat
    IMG_0627.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

KrappieJ, Craves, martman19 and 10 others like this.
  10. the roofer

the roofer

I’ll trade ya 25 perch for that pot of chili Dave..

11. outdoorsman48049

outdoorsman48049

I've watched that a few times on here, and it always brings a smile to my face......lol....great bunch of people.....not a care, just to have a good time.......some of us pass on things to our kids.....my kids will always go to my "morel spots", long after i'm gone.....and like my son in law said yesterday, on our way up to caseville..."i have to get out more, do things like you do, ice fish, prospect for gold, take the kids out more"...so even if we don't take them, we set the best example, that living life is about living it....When i started plans for alaska, a few years ago, someone said to me."aren't you afraid of the grizzlies??", i said, "hell no, i'm more afraid of sitting on the couch and drinking coffee and wait for death to take me, the couch is a lot more deadly than any grizzly....it's killed millions"......lol....

12. the roofer

the roofer

I was told a long time ago outdoorsman..u gotta live..heading to Minnesota in a few days and I never even been across the bridge..i rarely get mad unless u mess with my family..life is to short..and ya I love that song 2.. can’t wait till next week.

13. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

No chili for you the shack is not that big Lol

14. Carpenter Bill

Carpenter Bill

Only thing I wanna smell Fish and greens

KrappieJ and Nodinkdevin like this.
  15. Nodinkdevin

Nodinkdevin

Sounds like a good day on the ice

Carpenter Bill likes this.