First ride of the New Year

Discussion in 'Snowmobiling' started by Fishindeer, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Fishindeer

Fishindeer

Where you planning on going?

2. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

We have a cabin in the lower, NW Lake County, put on a few miles New Years weekend hoping for a few more soon. Have a UP trip planned first weekend in Feb

Fishindeer likes this.

3. 82shortbox

82shortbox

Yep same place. I don't think he is renting any more. Man I could tell you some stories. Ha ha. Herm would take us cross country, what a blast. Herm hated studded snowmobiles, complained all the time how they would tear up the trails. Herm had his own bombidere tracked snow groomer. He would groom from the bridge out by the main trail all the way to his rentals. We would leave our deposit and rent for the next year. He had enough repeat business that he had very few openings. Loved that area.

4. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

I have been on his trails a few times we would find them by heading NW down that road across from the park and ride North of Seney. Always wanted to stay there but never worked out, I bet he had some stories to tell.

5. MossyHorns

MossyHorns

We rented a cabin in GM from Feb 2nd till Feb 8th. Hoping they get some snow soon. Off trail will be crap even in the UP if we don't starting getting lake effect.

We had some good riding around New Years out of our cabin by Na-Tah-Ka. 1st time in a few years that we could do that. They had a good base started, but I bet it's gone except for a few areas.

branden van dyke and Fishindeer like this.
  6. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

Yea, we didn't go up last weekend planing to this weekend hoping they receive some snow not sure if it's still in the forecast can't seem to turn on the news these days.

Fishindeer likes this.
  7. Fishindeer

Fishindeer

Picked up my snowmobile today oil tank had a crack in it and needed replaced. Took in Thursday last week so only one week turnaround. Not bad I’m thinking. Only took a couple days waiting on parts. A big thumbs up to Bobs Arctic Cat in Milan. Now hopefully snow arrives.

jjlrrw and MossyHorns like this.
  8. MossyHorns

MossyHorns

Did you go up this past weekend? We went up and suprisingly got some good riding in. Friday's 2"-4" of wet snow helped a lot. Ward Hills area was very good. Trail Riders were grooming north of US-10 yesterday afternoon. 20210116_125926.jpg

jjlrrw likes this.
  9. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

No, we decided to stay home after it looked like it was going to be warm, getting some snow here at home today will be heading up Friday. Do you ride the Udell hills area that has been my go to area now that I found a few ways to get there without having to take the trail in the Pine Lake area it always seems like a lack of snow on the trails and stops in that area get old fast.

10. MossyHorns

MossyHorns

We do like riding the Udell Hills. I probably access it similar to what you are doing. I head west on the trail towards Freesoil and then take forest roads up to 6 Mile Rd and come in on the west end of the Udell Hills. I've been going that way for at least 20 years.

Fishindeer and jjlrrw like this.
  11. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

Didn't make it on the trails this weekend but we had lots of fun

IMG_6086.JPG