close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First coyote

Discussion in 'Michigan Predator Hunting' started by carl h, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Hunting is my right

Hunting is my right

Can anyone tell me what gun and bullet I can use to hunt coyote hunting digest is super confusing to read and I'm not sure what is and isn't legal any help ??

2. HungryHunter

HungryHunter

This is how I interpret it, but don't quote me to your local warden because I've been wrong once before...
    1. Nighttime - state park or recreation areas statewide, or on any public land in the Limited Firearms Deer Zone - Rimfire or Shotgun
    2. Nighttime - Not state park or recreation areas statewide, or on any public land in the Limited Firearms Deer Zone - .269 or smaller centerfire, Rimfire, or Shotgun
    3. Day time - No restrictions in any zone - All sizes are welcome... I believe the limited firearms part only applies to deer hunting.
    If you are hunting Unlce Bob's private farm in the restricted zone at night, there are not any restrictions.

If you are hunting one of the many public areas in the restricted zone, then you'll need a Rimfire or Shotgun.

For me, I use a 22 Mag because most of my hunting is at night public grounds in the limited firearms zone.

3. Hunting is my right

Hunting is my right

Thank you that is a big help !!!

4. doggk9

doggk9

Incorrect

Daytime is unrestricted. Night time is as follows
    [​IMG]

5. doggk9

doggk9

Uncle Bob's private farm in the restricted zone is still restricted to .269 or smaller at night.

HungryHunter likes this.
  6. doggk9

doggk9

If there are any questions or confusion that still exist I would gladly try to help sort them out. You can also find more info on our FB page Michigan predator hunters for centerfire at night.

7. Hunting is my right

Hunting is my right

Thank you