Finn Rd. Question

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by In pursuit23, May 16, 2018 at 5:32 PM.

1. In pursuit23

In pursuit23

Anybody know how deep the channel is at Finn Rd? I know it was dredged but haven't been out of there in a few years. I have a 20 ft. Inboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. GreenHead0311

GreenHead0311

You would be fine launching there. The launch and channel are in good shape now. Just make sure you pay the launch fee because they are known to give tickets to people who pay.

3. In pursuit23

In pursuit23

Thanks for the reply Greenhead. I know it's probably wind dependent but what are we talking 4 -6 ft?

4. GreenHead0311

GreenHead0311

No problem. I would say 6-8 foot. Just make sure you stay centered in the channel once you get into the bay, as the old bay shore isn't what it used to be. Its quite shallow pff to the sides for a couple hundred yards before it gets deeper.

5. pilatusbahn

pilatusbahn

Easily 4-5' minimum. Probably closer to 6' this year.
    Yes, bit wind dependant but should have no issue with anything from tin can to 20'er

Just hit your GPS to mark at end of land, then keep heading N about 1/2mile to get into 5' and hit GPS again.
    That'll help when coming back in.

And if nobody around, stay on plain all way out and 1/2 way in.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

6. In pursuit23

In pursuit23