Finding Perch in Esnagi Lake in early July - Any Tips?

Discussion in 'Out of State Fishing' started by TrailMarker, May 14, 2018 at 9:23 AM.

1. TrailMarker

TrailMarker

We have never really found the perch during this span of time (July) although they say the fishery is great as the fish move in shallow in August. Any pointers for this time of year?

2. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

That’s a tuff one. I’ve fished there a couple years back and never caught a perch. I’d hopelly bring a fish finder and use worm harnesses. Cover as much water as possible unit you hit some. What camp are you staying at? Could the guides be of help?

3. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Maybe hubbhunter could help he has fished it a lot

4. TrailMarker

TrailMarker

IMG_20150629_095701_053 (1).jpg
    It's tough with him, I try to slip bobber the beaver lodges, he wants to stomp on them to get the rabbits out...

HUBBHUNTER and Zkovach1175 like this.
  5. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Ahh, I take it you guys go up together. Well enjoy your trip this year, and let us know how you do.

Also as far as perch what about trolling mini cranks? They nail bitsy minnow cranks

HUBBHUNTER likes this.
  6. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

Yeah last year was the first year we targeted perch with info from the guides. We didn't catch any but it sounds like we are just early, we saw some pics from the guides filleting lots and lots of perch in august.

We were told they come into the shallows in August around those beaver lodges so maybe trolling at the mouth of the bay in the deeper water with those bitsy minnows and some snap weights.

7. Zkovach1175

Zkovach1175

Worth a shot. It’d be fun to nail perch up there by the truckload

HUBBHUNTER likes this.