Finally got to fish

Discussion in 'North - North East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by ausable_steelhead, Feb 2, 2020.

1. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

Fished for the first time in 3 weeks. Hit one spot for a couple days, and didn’t do terrible. Steelhead, and post-spawn browns were the catches.

Just fished bags under bobbers; color wasn’t important. Everything fought nice, including those browns. Even though I could use some more eggs, all fish were released in good shape. I posted all the browns because I’m just not sure on lake or river run. I believe the two bigger were lake fish, but who really knows?

2. Splitshot

Splitshot

3. andyotto

andyotto

Hey Ausable, did you see or catch any young fish? Skippers? Just wondering how the next classes are doing?

4. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

No skips Andy. I haven’t gotten many skips all fall or winter. Not normal, and a bit concerning.

5. andyotto

andyotto

OK man thank you. Hopefully some are staying out in the warmer than normal lake this year. Fingers crossed.

6. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

No problem. I’m hoping they’re just out in the lake still. A lot of adults are, so hard to say.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    andyotto likes this.
  7. Bighunther

Bighunther

Hey guys I hit a couple NE tribs last Friday, landed two bright chrome skips and lost 2 others. wierd year for sure.

andyotto likes this.
  8. Ausable_Drifter

Ausable_Drifter

Same here. The lack of skips this year for me has also been concerning.....Usually, they are a guarantee.

andyotto likes this.