Field CWD Testing My Idea

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Guy63, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Guy63

Guy63

Doesn't it work with pregnancy tests?

Chessieman likes this.
  2. otcarcher

otcarcher Banned

Doesn't what work?

3. Guy63

Guy63

Is there lawsuits with pregnancy tests not being 100% accurate? Nothing is 100%.

otcarcher likes this.
  4. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Hmmm think about what you are saying here. You are asking for someone to develop something that doesnt exist. While you are at it why dont you just skip the test and ask for a developed cure?

You remind me of a guy I worked with who was grumbling about some computer files that were created with newer software and couldnt be read with older version software on his other laptop. He wanted to know why they couldnt just make the old software read the new version files when it was originally created.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

No-Bama likes this.
  5. Guy63

Guy63

Lots of guys waiving a white flag here.

6. Guy63

Guy63

If it existed would you use it?

7. No-Bama

No-Bama

This is a ridiculous ask. "Why doesn't someone develop a field test?"

Why doesn't someone develop a cure for cancer? Why doesn't someone develop an anti aging potion? Why doesn't someone invent flying shoes? Because science is difficult. These things take time. It's not as easy as wishing something, snapping your fingers, and bringing it to fruition.

If it were as easy as you assume it to be, wouldn't you think someone would have brought it to market?

8. Guy63

Guy63

It's already almost there watch the vid I posted. Try to keep up. You must be from Alabama.

9. backstrap bill

backstrap bill

I hunt state land and see the mess the slob hunters leave behind. I could only imagine find deer carcasses that tested positive everywhere.

10. Guy63

Guy63

Do you think CWD is that prevalent? Wouldn't the carcasses be there anyway from deer dying from it in your scenario?

11. No-Bama

No-Bama

Why must I be from Alabama? Is that a juvenile attempt at insulting me? Are people from Alabama somehow inferior to the high and mighty Michigander like yourself?

Certainly not going to hurt my feelings coming from someone who's best attempt at an articulate thought is wishing for science to magically develop something. The fact that you fail to realize how inane your comment is, speaks to your lack of understanding of science.

CWD has been around for 50+ years. More recently, the disease has garnered an increasing amount of media coverage. The scientist that develops a reliable field test will receive universal praise. They'll also receive a financial windfall. There's a ton of motivation to bring this product to market. Don't you think that if someone could develop a field test that they would?

It's not as easy as just "developing" a field test overnight. If it was, it would already be available.

Dish7 likes this.
  12. Guy63

Guy63

I can tell you didn't watch the vid.

13. No-Bama

No-Bama

I watched the video.....which has nothing to do with your request that someone magically "develop" a field test. There's a reason why the DNR collects the complete head, and sends them to Iowa for testing. It's because it's the only viable method of testing. Do you presume that the DNR is going through the cumbersome process of collecting and shipping heads simply because no one has bothered to "develop" a simpler method? Hell no. It's because as of current, a simpler method isn't scientifically possible.

In addition to your suggestion that someone develop a field test, another outrageous request you made in your initial post is that this hypothetical field test should be given to hunters upon license purchase. So when someone develops a field testing method, how much do you propose they charge per test kit? Do you imagine that this cutting edge technology will be cheap? How do you propose the DNR absorbs the cost of including these test kits to all 900,000 or so licenses sold?

So according to you, someone should finally get motivated and "develop" something that hasn't been available in the 50 years or so that the disease has been know to exist. Then, the DNR should generously include those test kits in license purchases. Sounds like you might be in the market for that 80 acre parcel for sale in Eutopia.

I'm also unclear on why I must be from Alabama.

Dish7 likes this.
  14. G20man

G20man Banned

He must be a liberal.