Ficious Jigs 2013 ice season

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ficious, Nov 24, 2013.

1. ficious

ficious catch & digest Premium Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will check into the cost differences. If priority is cheaper than first class, tracking and insurance, that sounds good to me. Maybe it will help delivery times too. I've been resisting this because of the added cost, but it looks like I have to.

Harry

2. ficious

Did my homework and this is what I found. These prices are for a small envelope. Priority would be $5.60 my cost, there would be more, likely around $8+. That's crazy to me.

First class w/tracking and insurance would be $4.92, my cost. Just first class is $2.07. Tracking is just under a dollar. That is what I will likely do.

Harry

3. just afew

just afew

Harry, tried ordering some stuff today and paypal keep telling me my address and zip was wrong :confused: going to anglers to see what they got in stock.

4. Anish

Anish

Got my order the other day. Awesome work as always Harry :D. Thanks for the bonus jig. Maybe it will bring me some luck! I could sure use it!!
    Sorry I haven't been giving much in the way of reports on what you sent me. For the last two weeks, the fishing has been absolutely awful. Been out every day and no matter what I throw at em, they just aren't going for it. Maybe a few here and there, but that's it :irked:. Hoping for a turnaround soon. Will keep you posted. Just wanted you to know that I didn't forget. :)

5. ficious

Not a problem. By the way, I had the same result with the black jig and the glow bead....it scared them. Note to self, scratch that concept.

A few new patterns coming in the next day or two. Long hours at my day job has me a little behind. Pics tomorrow night I'm hoping.

Harry

6. Anish

Anish

Really?! The one thing that I have noticed, at least on the lakes I'm fishing, the spoons with a red bead draws a much better reaction. Oh, and I really like the action of the spoons!

Looking forward to seeing the pics!!

7. ficious

That is my normal go to, but chart beads have done better for me this winter. I think they like the red beads because snails are comfort food for perch. The perch are loaded with them in my summer spots.

I have a glow chart brown trout type pattern on a gold LM-34 and a (not very accurate) copy of Mr WaNgers hot prototype. I like it but its not a good copy. There is a Glow Chart Bug Eye on a gold LM-34 blank too.

Harry

8. jasona44

jasona44

How big are the perch spoons? Would you be able to fish them in Higgins in say 50 or 60 foot of water?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. ficious

jasona44,

Check out the Zitz page.

"It weighs in at 1/8 oz. It has a body length of 1 1/4" long and 3/8" wide. Overall length is about 2.25". A #6 Mustad hook is standard. Fishes best with rapid raises of 1-2 feet and free falling back to depth, pause, jig, repeat."

Some people modify them with a Hali type chain or treble.

Harry

10. jasona44

jasona44

Just made another order!!! Have been impressed so far with the jigs I have bought. Look forward to this order coming in and trying for perch on Higgins!!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. Bob D

Bob D

Harry, I lost my ornament jig to a 20"ish fish in the Venetian. Not sure what it was, but I was jigging pretty high with a single spike on it. It wasn't a dogfish, musky, pike or bass. Thick torpedo shaped body. I had it right under the ice and it bothers me that I can't make a positive ID on this thing. Anyway, I gave the ornament a try and that's what happened. I tried the BEM later and a dog fish took that away from me. Rough day fishing for me. Not much data, sorry. Caught one keeper perch on a chartreuse beaded proto you gave me. Dink perch galore. Only saw one gill come in the hole.

12. ficious

[​IMG]

These will get beaded and go up as soon as I can. Lots of hours atwerk right now so everything jigs is moving a little slower right now. Beads are TBD. Still a couple days away on all of these.

Ahhh...the middle row. Completely blew the copy of Mikes proto. I like them on their own, but I will have to redo them for the sake of accuracy. Instead of glowing a dark purple, the glow more of a lilac.

[​IMG]

Mr bummer sir,

Heres the jigs we spoke of. Missus ficious is in love with the red stunner! Gone lose one of them to the tax lady. She gets first pick. The one with glow yellow eyes, otherwise nothing glows on them.

Harry

13. ficious

Bob,

Going to look into other blanks in a few days. Time to start assembling next seasons stock. Maybe another small run of ornaments. BEM's tore them up last summer, kinda disappointed in their winter production so far. Baits sometimes take a season or two to gain favor. Thanks for the input.

Harry

14. Anish

Anish

Those spotted ones are awesome looking!!! :coolgleam

15. bummer

bummer

Yep that's it Harry thx, I will give u a call and pick them up.