Ficious Jigs 2013 ice season

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ficious, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Hi Harry, I've only been able to get out a couple times for short trips so far this year and have not yet tied on the "Christmas Ornament" jig yet but will rig a pole with it for my next trip out!

2. ficious

ficious catch & digest Premium Member

Thanks Greg.

This is the time of year that I start to accumulate the stock I need for the next seasons products. I will buy a small quantity(Ornament style) for myself and continue searching for the next hot bait. The glow green version worked very well for me and another of my fishing buddies.

After re-reading my last post, I think it comes off a little harsh. I guess I had hoped for more. There will be a better supply of gold backs next season.

BEM's didn't fare well. I'll have plenty for the flats next season. It will have to earn its stripes with customers. Smallies took quite a few last year.

Harry

3. ficious

[​IMG]

These are fresh out of the oven. Beads still have to be added when they dry to the touch.

LM-34B Blurple Minnow:

Glow blurple body, red stripe, red glitter, Glow yellow/black eyespot, hammered nickel backside.

LM-34B Glow Caddy:

Glow white body, fades to glow light green, gold/black glitter, red gill slit, orange/black eyespot, hammered nickel backside

Harry

4. turkey09

turkey09

5. ficious

[​IMG]

Finished product, up shortly.

Found some gold blanks and will duplicate the proto Mr WaNger hit the crappies on. 2nd good performance for that pattern. Pink Alewife pattern that glows purple. Similar in looks to the bubble gum pattern in the field tester pack, but that one glows orange.

Pattern with a white bead coming soon too.

Harry

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  6. turkey09

turkey09

7. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Hey Harry, I made it out on Houghton Lake last Saturday and got a line wet, actually three of them ;) I was fishing with my neighbor at a non-regular pike/walleye spot so I wasn't expecting much but I sent it down the hole tipped with a waxy and a nice 19" largemouth bass thought it worth a try, you should have seen the look on hit face when I pulled him outa the water, it was kinda like :eek:, he won't be doing that again anytime soon! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Michael Wagner

Michael Wagner

Harry I would say that jig I have used the last times out would be worth some consideration. It has out performed my Glow Bug Eye 2 times now and to me thats not an easy thing to do, I have gotten good size gills, a bunch of crappies, a few bass but only a couple perch and they are what I thought bead baits were for? You have seen my results and it will join my bug eye as the first lure down.

9. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Next time I meet with yas I will have to check that one out

Sent from my SPH-M830

10. Michael Wagner

Michael Wagner

A.J. last Sunday that jig took everything except the 9" gill and I was fishing them side by side.

11. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Was it a proto or can I order it ? I am thinking about hitting that same area at night sometime soon :cool:
    Think we will kill em, maybe get an eye or two to come in there also. If we do I will let yas know how we do
    Sent from my SPH-M830

12. ficious

AJ,

It was a prototype. I made a set of ten(LM-34B) with all different colors and styles of beads(4mm, 5mm, 6mm, glitter beads, etc.). Maybe Mike can throw a pic up of it. It is very similar to the BZ-34 Lilac Alewife, with a chart bead.

Good news is that they are currently being soldered. Not likely to be done by this weekend. Going to have to get some more beads too. There will be a white bead on one of the two patterns currently being worked on.

On a less pleasant subject, I am going to have to add tracking and insurance to all orders next season. I can't swing replacing orders at the rate they went AWOL this season. This will add close to $3 to the shipping of most orders, some more. I've resisted doing this because it wasn't necessary, seems it is now.

Luckily I have had the stock to replace them without having at add refunds to the inconvenience. Having to correct quantities in the program is a pain too. Sooner or later my program will sell something I overlooked and the nightmare will continue.

Thank you all for your reports, they will help me make it better for everyone.

Harry

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  13. Michael Wagner

Michael Wagner

Harri check your email. sportsman won`t let me up pics again????

14. ficious

Here ya go Mike,

[​IMG]

15. aslongasitpullsback

aslongasitpullsback collector Premium Member

All good looking stuff Harry... wish I could place another order... money is tight...
    on your other situation... shipping
    send every thing priority... the tracking and insurance up to $50.00 is all included... make shipping way easier theses day...