Ficious Jigs 2013 ice season

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ficious, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Anish

Anish

Thank you!! Thank you!!! Thank you!! Thank you!! :D
    Just yesterday I lost one of the three I just got from you. In a Panick, I got on your site to order more and just about had a heart attack when I saw them gone! Then when I read your post about not making more jigs for the season, I really panicked :lol:. I just want you to know that those little buggers ARE everything to my ice fishing! :D
    I do actually understand. I used to tie flies for a number of big fly shops and I actually ended up burning myself out on it really bad. Nothing like getting a call at 10pm "can you have 800 spring wigglers to us in 3 days?" :yikes:
    Thank you so much for your beautiful jigs Harry!! Your jigs have made ice fishing a whole lot more fun for a lot of people I'm quite sure. :)

2. ficious

ficious catch & digest Premium Member

I will be supporting the Big 3(Glow Green Bug Eye, Chartreuse Bug Eye, and Glow Purple Fry) These seem to be most popular this season. I will restock with as much as I can make quickly.

If there is a pattern you would like in addition to these, let me know. PM or post here or "contact us" on my site.

Harry

3. bobberbill

bobberbill

Planning on placing my first order in the morning. Hope there's a few left. Been out of town, and the Holidays have put me behind. Time to 'catch' up.

4. Drakegunner

Drakegunner

Any estimate on when you will have glow purple Minnies and gold backs in stock?

5. ficious

Stayed home today to speed things up. Glow Green Bug Eye Fry is on the table first. Glow Purple Fry is next, Chart. Bug Eye after that.

I hate to plead for feedback. The "Christmas Ornaments" have been out there for a while and l haven't heard anything. My proto's(in different colors) have filled my bucket three times. I'm not trolling for BS or posts, just info. Pm me or hit me on my site.

Gold will be farther off. Gold anything is long lead. No one stocks it, they have to be plated. Hooks and blades. Next season there will be more. Some patterns l won't paint on anything else.....even though l have.

Harry

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  6. ficious

I have a amall quantity ready to put up when l get home tonight. Fishing tomorrow so nothing will go out til monday. That will give them a little extra time to harden.

Fry

Glow Green Bug Eye
    Chartreuse Bug Eye
    Glow Purple

Harry

7. ficious

A couple revisions to two LM-34's

[​IMG]

The Fire Eye Mud Bug treated me well yesterday and the Bloogil is a ten year throwback.

They will be up shortly.

Harry

8. jasona44

jasona44

Got my first ficious jigs in the mail yesterday!!! Todays bite wasn't great but the fish I did catch came on the new jigs!!! Thanks for the quick turn around!!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Joeker51

Joeker51

Mud bug looks great HaRi.:coolgleam

10. Bob D

Bob D

Those do look good.

11. ficious

Hot off the press,

[​IMG]

Gold LM-34 base. Some are established patterns, some are proto repeats. All will be beaded when they harden enough to be handled. None of these will be for sale....yet. This is the part where they get fished and the ones that perform go into production, most likely next season. The Black Beauties are awesome looking! Hope the fish think so. 3X black, pink glitter overall, red litter on the solder. The glow white with black and gold glitter turned out well, high hopes for that one too.

Harry

12. ficious

Here's the finish product.

[​IMG]

Can't wait to get them wet!!

Harry

13. Bob D

Bob D

Good luck. I foresee success in that box.

14. Ann Arbor Hokie

Ann Arbor Hokie

Harry,

Decided to try to get you some feedback. Fished Whitmore tonite from 3:30 - 7. Got into a mess of perch but no size to them. The christmas ornament kept up with the bug eye i had on. At one point i hooked up on the ornament 4 drops in a row as soon as it hit the bottom. Again, i only kept 2 perch because most were small (4-6") but they bit it. Tipped with a waxie in 20 FOW.

Tom

15. ficious

Tom, thanks for the feed back.

I work to produce baits that work. Not interested in catching fishermen, rather my stuff catches fish. Without honest feedback, it's all on me.

I may not fish in the style or locations that everyone else does, so what works for me may not work for everyone else. That's what I shoot for, everyone else. I can easily figure my situation out, yours may be a different story.

If you don't want to post it, that's fine, but let me know in the manner that works for you. Using the "Christmas Ornaments" as an example, one hundred plus went into the field and this was my first feedback on the. It doesn't have to be good, bad works too. It lets me know it needs work or needs to be abandoned.

You guys(girls) are who I work for.

Harry