Ficious Jigs 2013 ice season

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ficious, Nov 24, 2013.

1. ficious

ficious catch & digest Premium Member

It's almost that time again! Softwater treated me well, now its time to see if the new summer patterns translate to hard water. One pattern in particular pattern was a stand out for perch and was an unlikely hero.

It will be the next pattern on the board. Just finishing up the specials customers requested in the off season. Purple Back Tiger in MZ, Z and BZ, and the Asian Lady Bug(Fry).

I will be adding smooth back blanks to both the Fry and LM's

Painting is running very late and new products will trickle in for most of the season. If there is a pattern that you would like to see make a re-appearance, drop me a line.

There will be good numbers of last seasons patterns while the new patterns arrive. Glow Green Smerch(Fry) earned a repeat.

1st hundred or so orders will receive a new, smaller jig I have never produced before. One per order while supplies last.

Back to painting!

Harry

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. aslongasitpullsback

aslongasitpullsback collector Premium Member

Just made my 1st order of the year... thanks Harry for such great quality jig.... Happy painting and fishing...
    PS. can't wait to see some new patterns...

3. ficious

Here is a pic of a few of the special requests. Mag Zitz and Zitz. Glows on the right, non glow on the left. I'll try to get a pic up of the little jigs(freebies) in the morning.

[​IMG]

Harry

4. Michael Wagner

Michael Wagner

Looks good Harri, I stood on the garden ponds today and Holloway was ice covered, shouldn`t be long now :D

5. ficious

Yeah, ponds by me are skinned up too. Can't wait!

Here's a pic of the freebies.

[​IMG]

Christmas Ornaments

Multi color glitter, glow white, glow red laying with a Chartreuse Bug Eye for size comparison. Same size, much lighter, smooth chrome back.

Harry

6. Fabner1

Fabner1

Harry,

You ain't playin' fair! You show yer stuff and I have to place an order!
    Stop it, stop it right now! My wife is gonna' kill me! It is goin' to be all yer fault! My blood on yer hands!:yikes:

Old Fred

7. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

Yeah, what Fred said! :yikes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Bob D

Bob D

I can't wait to see that "one pattern in particular."

9. Anish

Anish

I just wanted to let everyone know that Harry makes the best jigs I have ever used. No joke! Even when the bird is off I've been able to saved the trip with these. Good luck everyone!! :)

10. ficious

Bob D,

That pattern was an accident, a product of boredom. Orange glow with glow orange eyes wouldn't get the first nod from me, but I can't argue with the results. This was my best jig(in ANY situation)on the flats this past summer.

Here's the problem. I haven't been able to duplicate the base color. I painted a small batch last night and the didn't turn out the way I would have liked. I will finish them and try another small batch. I would love to get it right, then paint a bunch in both Fry and LM.

Unfortunately, this requires mixing the paints and since I only made a few(because I had no faith in the combination) I didn't note the ratios, or the colors.

This will be the first new pattern of the season.

Harry

PS.......in earlier posts I had described it as glow orange with glow blue eyes. Upon closer examination, it had glow orange eyes(I had made both).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  11. ih772

ih772

They look great Harry.

12. 6667supersport

6667supersport

:woohoo1: nice. Will probably be ice fishing a lot more this year. The kid has already been watching videos on youtube :lol:

13. MontcalmCounty

MontcalmCounty

How does one go about ordering?

14. ficious

[​IMG]

After doing some digging on my proto tray, I came to the conclusion that my first description of the hot jig this summer was correct. The Orange/Orange somehow slipped in and fooled me for a while. I came across three trays of like colored jigs and they all had glow blue eyes.

I hope the success I had this summer on the flats translates to hard water. These are on the paint table in both Fry and Lil Minnies.

Soooo glad they turned up. Probably my most successful proto in a long time. On a two hook rig it caught fish whether it was on top or bottom while the other jigs only caught token fish or completed the double.

I plan to take them swimming this weekend, most likely for gills and crappies. The pics of Raft ice are encouraging for many of my favorite canals.

Bob D.........you probably knew they were bug eyes....right?

Harry

15. ficious

MontcalmCounty,

Just click on my banner ad or hit the link at the bottom of my posts. The ones in the picture won't be ready til sometime next week.

Norm/Tyler......headed out this weekend to try them out.......Tyler already has one of these. Are the eyes glow blue?

Harry

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013