Fennville 2019

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Far Beyond Driven, Oct 13, 2019.

1. BumpRacerX

BumpRacerX

How do you like the BOSS shells?

West side shooter likes this.
  2. JSchipper

JSchipper

They don't help when you flat out miss! Haha. But I've had far less cripples. I ran through a couple of 3" 3's and it absolutely destroyed ducks. Too much so that I'll save them for Geese. Shot 2.75" 5's yesterday for the first time and dropped em' no problem. Will be buying more. Previously ran Rio 3" 2's and 3's.

Sparky23 and Highball28 like this.

3. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

It is hard to argue to lethal powers of bismuth..

JSchipper likes this.
  4. West side shooter

West side shooter

I agree, they don’t make you a better shooter but the hit pretty hard. We have shot the 3” 3/5 duplex loads up to this point, great on everything that flies!
    We have some 3” 3s and some 2 3/4 2s for geese once duck season ends, should be pretty lethal

Sparky23 and JSchipper like this.
  5. HopHead42

HopHead42

Anyone up for teaming up Friday Morning either at the farm or other public areas in fennville. I've only hunted #8 floodings for ducks and am looking to learn the area a bit more. I've got the necessary tools for field hunting.

StiffNeckRob and AaronJohn like this.
  6. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

Hunted Fennville for my first time on Saturday morning.

I miss being able to hunt the draw at Harsens easily, I moved to the west side 2 years ago so the comradery at Fennville was fun. Regular season closed and I still have the itch to shoot more geese, the opportunity up there is awesome.

Got a decent draw, we hunted where we wanted to be.

The party to our south had about 7 decoys, the party to our north has about 200, we ran approximately 450 so we were pretty geeked to say the least.

Didn't pull the trigger once. To me the defeat only fuels my fire to make it happen.

Oh well, still a good time, the weather report basically didn't follow through but I was already committed to going.

I'll be a lone hunter for Fennville for the most part for my regular crew is less than interested in getting an @$$ whooping up there.

Let me know if anyone wants/needs an addition guy, I have a wagon full of 20doz Silhouettes, panel blinds, an array of shells and fulls, and a good attitude.

7. Highball28

Highball28

We will certainly be in touch. The days you can do no wrong at fennville have been the apex of my hunting career.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

AaronJohn likes this.
  8. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

"and a good attitude. "

Fennville will fix that for you.

9. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

10. Chris Freeman

Chris Freeman

Ok, I know I'm probably going to hate it but I figured what the hell might as well give it a shot. I've decided to go to fenville tomorrow with two other buddies. This will be the first time we have ever come to the unit and really could use some advice other than "Dont go". We have 5 DZ full bodies and a bunch of socks. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks.

11. Highball28

Highball28

Pick your zone based on wind and kill chart history. Hunting has been tough as an fyi. Set every decoy you have, flag like crazy, call till you reach for your gun. Snow will help. Wear whites, or blinds with snow covers if you get a zone with crappy corn.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

12. Chris Freeman

Chris Freeman

What's the admission fee here? I'm used to muskegon where it's free. Fenville does have one right?

13. Highball28

Highball28

14. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

geez, What a freeman....

15. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Headed out for my buddies from Detroit annual holiday hunt. Buddy called and asked if it was still on as its 53 degrees.

It was -4 when we set up last year.

notime likes this.