Fence line hunting

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Mike L, Dec 2, 2019.

1. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I think November sunrise used this one on me once....

You need to tune your sarcasm detection meter a little Jiw275.

2. zig

zig Premium Member

Some landowners are funny. Funny in like a bad relative sort of way. What's mine is mine what's yours is mine. The farm I hunt has a neighbor like this. I swear he thinks there should be a 100 yard neutral zone between each line and nobody may enter the neutral zone except for him, once he's received his own permission.

3. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

For the op build some blinds where the runs cross. Put them up just before season. Deer don't like new things. Can't hunt close to the property line, you can pay that portion of my property taxes.

4. One thing that might deter them is putting up lots of stands on the state land around your property. That might deter some thinking the area is getting lots of pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Esquire

Esquire

20191202_160026.jpg Be the first guy in your area to put the Xmas decorations out for the season! A few of these along the line should work 20191202_160026.jpg

6. kkannonball

kkannonball

if the stand is 150yards away from the nearest point of the dwelling it is legal

7. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Or use an xbow, no safety zone!!

8. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

I appreciate your input on the pending legislation. Based on your feedback, we’re reserving the castration penalty for 2nd time offenders

QDMAMAN, Bomba, Namrock and 15 others like this.
  9. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Hmmm. Would that be true during gun season? Not sayin I know because I don't. I didn't follow the rule change that closely.....just made me wonder.

10. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Good question. I need to know cause im putting up a blind near my neighbors house, i will be able to look into their kitchen to see whats for dinner.

11. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Don't think you are following luv2huntup's logic. He is assuming the property owner isnt a line sitter so you put a dwelling on the line and the line sitter cannot sit or shoot at anything within 150yds of that dwelling. The land owner sits 150 yds on the opposite side of line on his own land. That is a 300yd buffer zone.

Doghouse 5 likes this.
  12. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

I'm not sure. Look at page 23 in the Digest.

L & O

13. Ryfarm48

Ryfarm48

Maybe I missed the OPs position, is the land he is describing vacant land or does he live on the property that is surrounded by state land? I ask because it was 2 years ago I came on here and asked the same questions but I also had an unruly neighbor that was purposely trying to fight and ruin my hunts. Many members told me to sell and it wasn't worth the headache and stress. At first I couldn't fathom selling my land 8 minutes away from home that produced deer every single sit, well, I sold it and it was honestly the best thing I ever did. Purchased a new farm and dont worry about this garbage any longer. Just my 2 cents, its just not worth the worry every season and if happened again, I would sell again and buy more.

14. melvvin

melvvin

I just talked with my state rep. and he is on board with the no hunting within 450 ft of a property line. What we will be changing is the no peek rule. You are allowed to peek at any game animal as long as it is 450 ft. or further from a property line. Anything wthin 450 ft. you must keep your eyes staring down. No exceptions!!

November Sunrise likes this.
  15. What’s the third time offender punishment? With no nuts I’m thinking he ain’t gonna care what the punishment is at that point....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk