Favorite Hub Blinds for Deer Hunting

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Luvdayoop, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Luvdayoop

Luvdayoop

Been using an Ameristep Dominator to rifle hunt deer for about 5 years. I have shot deer out of it but never liked the window system, too many, and all too big for me. I just ordered a Barronett Ox 4 after a lot of research because I like the window system, and price $220. I prefer a long 180 horizontal window but just open about 6 inches wide at eye/shooting level. Just enough to see and get rifle barrel out. Anyone have any experience good or bad, with the Barronett Ox 4 blind? What is everyone’s favorite hub style blind for firearm deer, and why?

2. skipper34

skipper34

I got a Summit Goliath 3-person hub this year. Lots of room inside and easy set-up. And I love the silent window system and hinged door.

3. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

Have tried a bunch of different sub $200 blinds. Haven't found any that I'm overly impressed with. The "best" cheap brand I've settled on is the 3 person tent Tractor Supply sells for $99. They're roomy and I like the window design. I think we've got five of them. Thinking I may start to build an inventory of quality blinds next year by buying Lucky's brand.

Learned from a few guys on here last month how to keep tent blinds from collapsing due to snow by using a tension rod in the middle. For some reason I'd never thought of that option and think that will eliminate some of the frustration I've had in the past with tent blinds.

4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Get a Doublebull. You won’t be disappointed. For a hub blind get yourself a piece of 2” pvc. Cut it a little long for propping up the center hub on the roof when you are not in the blind. Remove it while you use the blind.

5. skipper34

skipper34

I had a DB blind before Primos. Great blind. Too bad it was stolen from private land first year I had it. IMO Primos dumbed it down a bit from the original. The Summit I just acquired is just as good for lots less.

November Sunrise likes this.
  6. old graybeard

old graybeard

I love my old Double Bull T2 blind.

Bucman and November Sunrise like this.
  7. retired dundo

retired dundo

8. retired dundo

retired dundo

I loved the field and stream blinds from dicks sport store.quit selling them years ago.what I really liked was you could un zip a section of roof and stand up and take good look and stretch.Have one been out all year for ten years in woods.Getting a little bad.But Cant find any with roofs tha open

November Sunrise likes this.
  9. perchjerker

perchjerker

Funny I have a cheap Sportmans guide Adrenaline I think I paid $52 for at the time and it came with a free chair.

I thought it would be a good temp blind until I could afford something nicer.

I have had that blind 4 years now, for the money it cant be beat. I like the door, the whole side flips up to accommodate a guy in a wheelchair etc which is great for an old fug like me. The material is kind of thin, the windows work well, I keep waiting for it to fall apart but it just keeps going. And I leave it out from August until mid December. Its a nice blind of guys on a budget.

I do like the looks of that Summit Goliath. Might have to get one of those

10. Bucman

Bucman

Dbl bull lifetime warranty!

11. Spartan88

Spartan88

What about chair blinds, how are they to hunt out of? I need a temporary ground blind for this season and I was thinking about going the chair blind route.

12. R.J.M.

R.J.M.

I have 2 chair blinds ones been used by both me and my son . He’s Xbow hunted from it and it’s a little short for head room he’s 6’7” but this year I picked up a new one that taller and he likes that
    One thing I fabricated was a prop V- stick to support the rifle/ muzzle loader
    So it doesn’t rest on the blind opening shaking the blind . I really like it

Spartan88 and mbrewer like this.
  13. jacksonmideerhunter

jacksonmideerhunter

Ive always wondered about those chair blinds. Nice concept, but does the whole blind move when you adjust positions in the chair??? Sure seems like it would.

Spartan88 likes this.
  14. perchjerker

perchjerker

Yeah they move. I have one. Its ok. Only used it a few times

15. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I have 2 Primos Double Bull Deluxe with the wide door. Really like them. Check out Rogers sporting goods for the best price on them

Spartan88 likes this.