Falleyes

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by 6667supersport, Oct 18, 2020.

1. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Seems a fresh push of nice fish has hit the river, got out last night despite the strong South wind. All the fish I caught were nice and thick except the few 14" or less. The bigger females are already carrying next springs eggs. You guys should really give the woods a break and hit the river a time or two and get you some while they are in. The river should be stupid good for the next month or so. Nothing like a fat 20" smacking a slow moving lure, I swear some hit it so hard if you were half a IMG_02121.jpg sleep they would take the rod right outta your hands. If it wasn't for equipment failure I would have casted all night.

2. jumbojake

jumbojake

I sea yur in dat fallpoundfest as usual dare captain! Kick azz job nothan like a hot fall bite out dare:)

3. piketroller

piketroller

Does this mean you stopped casting for silver fish for the season?

4. 6667supersport

6667supersport

If I can get up to the upper river at the crack of dawn will cast a spoon or XR50 for steelhead or coho. Might even run to Manistee and cast for steelhead, but as far as Kings its been done for month now. Was a bad year for Kings, too busy at work, when I did go missed the good "lake flip" days, and fish numbers were down. Last year I got 18 fish, this year only four. Will be pounding the river most every night now for walleye, got a lot of people that want fish.

5. JigkHead

JigkHead

Nice! Good going. SoMe motivation to go out, I was out the other day casting in marysville with no luck. Gonna give it a try after seeing this

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

6. MPOW

MPOW

have seen pics on facebook of a few nice steelhead from mid river.....some dude fishing minnows with a nice steelhead and 4 walleyes:)

sledman and blue82 like this.
  7. 6667supersport

6667supersport

It has always been my feeling that the farther North you go the more silver fish there are, closer to the source. The one exception being early Spring they like to hang out at the end of the North Channel for some reason. Even thou the only two steelhead I have every caught in the river came from Marine City. I have hooked them in other places in the river just never got them.

slabstar, on a call and sledman like this.
  8. Fin-isher

Fin-isher Premium Member

Nice fish there supersport. Thanks for the report. I'd like to get out there & jig or troll for a little bit during the day. Has anyone been out during the day?

9. rightnow

rightnow

I’ve been casting quite a bit and they seem very spotty. What city on the river are you fishing? If you don’t mind me asking?

10. sylvan19

sylvan19

I seen one lone boat on the drive from Marysville to Marine city this afternoon. Had the river all to himself.

11. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Fish a few spots from Marine City to Port Huron, try and stay in upper half due to PH having the cleaning station open. Won't be too much longer and will be cleaning them at home again :(

12. Rush87

Rush87

I have been out a few times in Port Huron and launched at the ramp at water street. Am I blind and just didnt see a fish cleaning station there or is there another boat ramp around port Huron?

13. Gater DONE

Gater DONE

Its at the south side of the mouth of the black river. Right where the river tour boat docks

6667supersport likes this.
  14. Chessieman

Chessieman

15. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Heard they are thnkin of closing it Nov. 1st, it is usually open later than that, hopefully it is open longer. It is so nice to be able to stop in and clean them real quick after casting. Suppose a call to Andersons Pro Bait would confirm a date they have in mind.