Experience with TYM tractors?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by Biggbear, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Biggbear

Biggbear

Just starting to look at tractors, pole barn will be finished in the spring so I'll have someplace to store one finally. Has anyone had any experience with TYM? It's a Korean company, but they build tractors for many different companies who just slap their name on them. I'm looking for something close to 25 hp, compact, 4wd, would love 30 hp, but would never fit down my trails. I've looked at the Kubota B series, but holy moly orange paint is expensive. I've also looked into LS, but again TYM makes many of their models for them, and TYM is less expensive.

I've seen many threads on here about tractors, but don't recall anyone mentioning TYM. My secondary plan is to get WT to adopt me, and just use all his equipment!

2. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

I can’t help you with a review but purchase a tractor from a local dealership within whatever radius you consider is convenient. A tractor is a long term relationship. I just got rid of my 45 year old tractor. It didn’t need a lot of parts or service over the years but it was sure nice to know that it would only be out of service temporarily.

DigitalGuru, Scout 2, up520 and 2 others like this.

3. Wandering arrows

Wandering arrows

Buddy of mine had one for a few years 30hp , he had no problems that remeber just wasn't big enough for his needs .

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  4. Biggbear

Biggbear

Dealership location is also one of the reasons I'm considering TYM, there is one just east of Gaylord, and I'm in Boyne City. Mapquest says 31 miles, not bad at all if I have an issue.

5. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

You are in Ginop country. Be advised that they sell but do not service New Holland in Alanson. A friend near Wolverine found that out and was not happy when he needed annual service. He went that route because he is a retired manager from Chrysler and received a nice discount.

6. Waif

Waif

I window shop tractors at times.
    T.Y.M. dealers come and go.
    While dealers of good reputation matter in buying new for warranty service sake , there's no guarantee of good service , or a dealer sticking with a brand. It's still a factor.

When trying to deal on a new one the sales manager couldn't/wouldn't match a year old new T.Y.M. s price to a comparable model I could acquire elsewhere. Guess he wanted a lot ornament fir another year...
    The rest have been for interests sake more than being ready to buy.

A site sponsor here usually has incoming tractors.. Not sure of current status.
    But he would be considered before I purchased a tractor and knew every detail of what I was after first. I imagine he has been selling and turning over inventory briskly ,but don't know today.
    For the cost difference my goal would be a better low hour resale brand tractor (I know , that's not your priority) at a pricepoint closer to a new lower resale. brand.http://www.goodworkstractors.com/

Test drive a variety of tractors. Get in the seat. Test hydraulic speed and action. Do you want a "float" position with your loader?
    Functions vary and one you will use the most may not be important to another user or builder. Ergonomics vary too.

TriggerDiscipline and Plant175 like this.
  7. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

I just went through the process of buying my first tractor last year.

Here was my observation. When sitting side by side the value brands are built considerable cheaper. Don’t be confused and think the are the same. But again depending on price maybe that’s fine.

It was basically Jon Deere and Kubota then everyone else. With a star next to Kioti. They make some nice tractors but they really aren’t that much cheaper.

What it all came down to for me was cost of ownership. JD and Kubota hold their value as good any product you can buy. You could by a JD own it for 4 years and sell it for like 90+% of its value. It’s insane.

Courtney from Good Works Tractors in an awesome resource. His YouTube channel is great.

NATTY BUMPO likes this.
  8. NATTY BUMPO

NATTY BUMPO

Since Luv2 has mentioned Ginop, I'll add my 2 cents. We bot a Orange L3010 22 years ago from Ginop's here in town. Used it 12 months a year at home and at our hunting property. Never had a minutes worth of trouble with the tractor, but had Ginop's do the suggested maintenance services. When we sold the farm, we had Ginop's sell the Kubota and also the farm implements. They did an efficient job of moving the iron and the K. tractor sold for only 2K less than we paid for it in 1999. Try that with your car or truck.

Chose the tractor and dealer both, very carefully. You will need that dealer, perhaps badly, sooner or later.

9. Ryfarm48

Ryfarm48

I can tell you from selling a lot of tractor's, stick with Kubota or John Deere, even if they are little more in cost. You won't regret it.

10. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I would agree with those who are recommending staying with Kubota or John Deere. Kubota has been solid with quality, parts and service. You wont get laughed at if you go in a Deere dealer and ask for parts for a 60 year old tractor. If I had a good local dealer I might give Ford Newholland a look also.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  11. Plant175

Plant175

Somebody on here has a Cabelas tractor which is a TYM maybe he will chime in

12. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Think that is Sniper.

In fall 2018/winter 2019 I researched tractors. Was on a budget and looked at all the cheaper new options and ended up with a low hour 3038r Deere. It looked like a much more substantial tractor. Not getting a warranty isn't great, but the savings has paid for the few parts I have needed

jr28schalm likes this.
  13. sniper

sniper

Yep that’s me. I have a 2013 Cabelas LM 35 which is TYM tractor. The tractor has performed everything I have asked it do. I can’t speak on with other modern day tractors. I went from a Ford 8n to the Cabelas brand. Cabelas service went bye bye when they stopped selling the tractor. Burnips in Hudson handles all my service needs for the tractor. I had one small hydraulic issue with the bucket a couple years ago and that’s been it. Love the tractor and the price was unbeatable at the time of purchase.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  14. motdean

motdean

Damn sniper, you got that thing all stickered up like a NASCAR.

Are those all of your sponsors?

Is the lead one on the hood representative of your pit crew?

upload_2020-10-18_15-22-17.png

shooter likes this.
  15. sniper

sniper

Ha Dean you know I’m kinda of a big shot.!! Actually the Cabelas tractors were represented by Qdma at one time. That tractor actually came with a bunch of those stickers. It really is a nice tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

shooter, Wandering arrows and motdean like this.