close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever wonder about Joe Robison?

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by lestat, Aug 1, 2013.

1. lestat

lestat

Let me start out by clearly stating that Joe Robison is probably one of the best individuals I have ever had the opportunity to meet in my life. If I knew him 10 years ago I would have never gone into the IT world and would have been a wildlife biologist.

I have nothing but mad respect for Joe, Zach and the rest of the crew at the point. I appreciate all your hard work.

The other day I was flipping through the channels and couldn't help but notice how much Robert Irvine from restaurant impossible resembles Joe Robison.

You be the judge.

If you don't know who Joe is, he is a DNR wildlife biologist who oversees all of the managed waterfowl areas in southern Michigan.

[​IMG]

I wonder if I will ever be able to hunt the point again.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    peters likes this.
  2. bc21

bc21

This thread is proof that hunting season cannot come soon enough.

Shiawassee_Kid likes this.

3. lestat

lestat

4. jonesy16

jonesy16

Managed waterfowl areas impossible?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

5. AR34

AR34

X2 on Joe being a good guy. Has taken time out of his day for me several times.
    And they do look a lot alike

6. Goosedowner24

Goosedowner24

Agreed joe is a great guy had a blast racing the green weenie down the dykes at Mach 90 last summer to band geese at the point pretty sure the drive shaft dang near came through the floor board but no biggie we caught all the birds yelled at the border patrol and had all around great time looking forward TI seeing him again this season

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. just ducky

just ducky

Joe has been in some videos that have made the airwaves...Avian X stuff I believe. Which is why when I see him now I refer to him as "Rock Star Robison". :SHOCKED: He's not too fond of that name, but it will grow on him. Especially if a few other also start using it when they see him... ;)

8. lestat

lestat

I was there in the green escape with my brothers. It was a good time. Joe was flying down the dikes!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Linda G.

Linda G.

is one of my favorite people in the DNR and has been for years. He should have been the waterfowl top guy years ago, but told me he didn't like the thought of leaving his beloved Lake Erie for Lansing. He's an absolute credit to the DNR, one of the few they've got left.

10. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

He goes above and beyond for waterfowl community. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have what we got. he goes all out when it comes to banding geese! I think this is the first year he didnt trash a phone by going in after some geese. They do look alike! :lol:

11. dankoustas

dankoustas

Anyone who hunts downriver owes Joe a world of gratitude. The hard work that they do at Point Mouillee translates into lots of birds and other game for all of us.
    Dan

12. LoBrass

LoBrass Premium Member

He's got all you guys snowed.

He is a SDMF!!!!

Ask him what that means........

Seriously, he has been the driving force behind 100's of acres of new state public hunting land in our area. He will leave it better than when he got there. Give the guy some time and he'll do it elsewhere.

13. lestat

lestat

14. Marsh hunter

Marsh hunter

Great guy and an outstanding biologist, he has definitely don't a great job managing the point!

15. just ducky

just ducky

And I have just the name..."Rock Star Robison Slough" Got a nice ring to it, eh?