Ever heard of O.H Elliot?

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by 97harley, Dec 23, 2018.

1. 97harley

97harley

When my late father-inlaw passed away, I was blessed with a few of his firearms. One particular gun is a bolt action 270 with the name O.H Elliot engraved on the barrel. I have no reason to believe that this is some high dollar gun but am interested to find out the history behind it. I cannot find any sort of manufactcurer's name anywhere on the gun so I'm assuming is was custom built by someone.
    *As a side note.... this gun is amazingly accurate and the action is butter smooth. I'm thinking about refinishing the stock and gifting it to my new grandson when he's old enough.

2. 97harley

97harley

The only [potential] info that I've ever heard is that he may have been a former employee of Saginaw Steering Gear at one time and did gunsmithing work as a hobby.

3. Waif

Waif

-db- and alaska86 like this.
  4. 97harley

97harley

Woah....guess it was more than just a hobby for Mr Elliot! I've had this gun in my safe for a number of years and have never been able to find any info on it after my father inlaw passed. He used to work at Saginaw Steering Gear and only told me that he had purchased the rifle from a coworker there. Great information....thanks for sharing Waif

Waif likes this.