Enbridge must cease operations of the pipelines by May of 2021.

Discussion in 'Outdoor News' started by wpmisport, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Care to explain what percentage of the oil used in THIS country comes from Enbridge's Line #5?

2. wpmisport

wpmisport

It's been there for 67 years -

The video and photos given to the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation show a gash across the east pipeline, and several dents and scrapes on the west pipeline. In written testimony Enbridge identifies three dents on the pipelines caused by the anchor strike, the longest was more than 23 inches.

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/photos-and-video-damage-line-5-released

3. Shoeman

Shoeman Mod

Good!

Encapsulate it or shut it down! Just the thought of a breach!

Ricky Bubbles likes this.
  4. Kisutch

Kisutch

Who here is going to buy me my Tesla. That electricity ain't coming from some wind turbine that is not spinning. You guys have know idea what makes the economy go round. For 75% of your lives you had know idea that things like this existed. Now you are all environmentalist. Please park your internal combustion vehicles and let the rest of the world keep moving. Better yet cut the power to your house and tell me how that's working for you. So sick of people not understanding what makes our lives better.

Kisutch

God Bless Dr Howard Tanner

Former Lake Michigan Stakeholder

Lake Michigan Lake Trout Gillnetters Association Join now

Alewife what?

mbirdsley likes this.
  5. windmaker

windmaker

What is the reasoning they are using to hold up the tunnel under the straits that was approved during the Engle administration
    Idea seemed the best to protect then pipelines from a leak.

6. windmaker

windmaker

Engler

Waif likes this.
  7. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

Whitmer does not want the tunnel built. It would work. She wants it shut down, to drive up energy prices for everyone to save the planet.

8. windmaker

windmaker

Very short-sighted thinking.
    Don’t people realized that oil is the basis for many plastics and chemicals. Those windmills are not built from all natural ingredients

MossyHorns and sureshot006 like this.
  9. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

It sure is nice that someone knew came on here to tell us everything he nose. Sure hope it helps us that have know idea what we are supposed to no.

IceHog and Botiz like this.
  10. Kisutch

Kisutch

I was the third post to this thread. Not knew to any of this. I nose a bit more than sum of U. Chickens eat where they crap. Pigs on the other hand crap in one area and eat in another. I also nose how meet ends up on the table. Elon Musk is a joke. So is "global warming" or is it "climate change. Believe it or not I plan on exhaling some CO2 today.

Kisutch

God Bless Dr Howard Tanner

Former Lake Michigan Stakeholder

Lake Michigan Lake Trout Gillnetters Association Join now

Alewife what?

11. Vandal

Vandal

Look up how much oil and revenue Michigan gets from line 5.

12. Vandal

Vandal

Short sighted is not seeking an alternative to oil based plastics. Google “ocean plastics” or “Great Lakes plastic pollution” You and I have benefitted from innovation and finding better cleaner ways to do things. It’s what America has always done. Sticking to old technology and not finding better answers is what Eastern Europe used to do.

Botiz and wpmisport like this.
  13. Vandal

Vandal

Why do politically charged people always bring up wind energy?
    It’s a part, a small part, of meting future energy needs. Literally every country on the planet will still be using fossil fuels in 2050, but literally every country on the planet is trying to achieve energy independence by 2050. That means a variety of energy sources. It’s short sighted not to realize that eventually fossil fuels will become more expensive and harder to economically extract.

Garyjkos likes this.
  14. Vandal

Vandal

Lastly what I posted is not meant to be political. It’s economics and science. When decisions are based on politics it is generally opinion based which is easy to come by. Real problems are solved through innovative people coming up with a better way. We’d still be using DDT as a pesticide if we just stuck to what works as opposed to what works better. Yes I drive an internal combustion engine, no there isn’t another viable option right now. Does that mean we don’t look for a better fuel source? Short sighted.

tda513 and Garyjkos like this.
  15. windmaker

windmaker

So are you opposed to making the use of oil as safe as possible until alternative products are available? Such as improving a know safety defect in the current pipeline configuration. It seems like the current administration of our state has politicized the issue instead of “following the science “ and protecting our lakes