Elk rapids jigs

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by man vs. fish, Jun 10, 2015.

1. man vs. fish

man vs. fish

Anyone know where to get these cheaper than $7/piece? I just hate letting $7 sail down 120' into rock filled bottoms only to get snagged up. $3-4 is a little easier to watch disappear.

2. midwestfisherman

midwestfisherman

3. man vs. fish

man vs. fish

No, they are vertical jigging lures for lakers,burbot,walleye,whitefish etc. Only place i have been able to find em is Bruce's tackle in Belaire.

4. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

They are made by a one man shop, you aren't going to find em cheaper unless you find em at a yard sale which is extremely rare, that's why I fih Swedish pimples, it's nearly 2 for the price of one, and they are just as effective in my opinion but ER jigs are great at times as well

UBDSLO1 likes this.
  5. man vs. fish

man vs. fish

I figured i should start picking up some of those mag pimples, I just like those double hooks even though they tend to get caught up after about the 15th jig lol, Does bruce's make em or is it somewhere in elk rapids and they just sell to him?

6. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

I don't know Bruce's? Probably the best guy bay jig fisher happens to be named Bruce. I don't know the guys name just a small operation or sure, originally he didn't even want to sell commercially because it's not his full time job and demand easily beats supply most of the time.

On another note I've never been a real big fan of the two hook method. Yes, I have caught fish doing with either pimples or er jigs. But the majority of fish are still caught with the bottom hook and rarely is it caught on the top hook. Basically it isn't worth the hassle and time spent untangling as the too hook tends to snag and wrap up the line. Anyhow, tight lines, you are on the right track, keep moving, try casting, and jig aggressively

kingfisher 11 likes this.
  7. man vs. fish

man vs. fish

Thanks for the info! Bruce's is the small family bait shop in downtown bellaire, but yeah now i just need those calm mornings now so i can jig :coolgleam

8. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

9. man vs. fish

man vs. fish

10. sfw1960

11. man vs. fish

man vs. fish

You got that right, I work at Bass pro and the prices seem to jump every other month :rant:

12. sfw1960

If I would have told my Father when I was small: "Dad some day a half way decent fishing 'pole' will cost you between a hundred to two hundred bucks" ...He would have probably had his zippo out ready to spark another cancer stick up and say "Boy, you're out of your P|-|***!* mind!"
    :lol:

Now it's getting $200 is entry for "half way decent".

:eek:
    It's getting like hunting or any outdoor freedom too fast...

6667supersport likes this.
  13. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

Robert,

Isn't that the truth! And the fishing isn't nearly like it was! I really cringe when losing any lure, let alone a 10-12$ plug or crank.

14. man vs. fish

man vs. fish

Thats some funny stuff right there, if my grandpa was still around and knew how much i spend on fishing stuff now he would probably crack me over the head with one of his old ugly sticks :lol:

15. GARY TRACEY

GARY TRACEY

Bellaire Bait and Tackle makes Bellaire jigs, the same as Elk Rapids jigs but only $ 4.99 probably less if you buy more than one or two.

Stand By likes this.