Dummy flashers

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Jfisher, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Jfisher

Jfisher

if I put a flasher on a rod with no hooks. Does that count as a rod. I want to add a flasher to my 3 rod spread to attract fish. 4 rods out may look suspicious but am I breaking any laws

2. jd4223

jd4223

Depends on who the DNR officer is. Had DNR Officer Do-Right try to tell me I needed a fishing license when carrying my rod and reel with no line on the reel while walking along side the Huron River in Flat Rock to the tackle store to have line put on the reel. I'm sure DNR would count that as an extra rod even without a hook on the line.

3. piketroller

piketroller

What was the infraction listed on the ticket he gave you?

4. jd4223

jd4223

While Officer Do-Right was investigating me an unidentified passer by stopped to listen to the DNR officer tell me if I thought the ticket he was going to give me was improper,I could fight it in court. At this time the passer by identified himself as a lawyer and told me he would go to court with me as a witness and that he would also instruct me on following up on a civil suit against the DNR officer if I beat the ticket. Apparently Officer Do-Right had second thoughts and told me it was my lucky day and he was going to give me a break and didn't write the "bogus" ticket. The passer by never gave me his card and I never followed up with any complaint against Officer Do-Right. My main complaint with these type of officers is if they issue you a ticket,you have to go to court to fight it or just go ahead and pay the fine. Now if you're 1 of the many who got ticketed up at Tippy Dam,what's the odds that you're going to make the trip back up there to fight what you believe to be an unjust ticket? I'm not saying DNR issued bogus tickets but from what I experienced and saw, caused me to quit going salmon fishing for fear of receiving 1 of those"You can always go to court if you don't agree" tickets.

5. jd4223

jd4223

Had another incident at Flat Rock while fishing down river near the Telegraph over pass. Was fishing for Steelhead using an 11ft noodle rod and 6pound line casting 1/32oz jigs. The sucker run was on and every cast ended up either foul hooking a sucker or a legally hooked sucker. About this time I'm approached by a DNR in plain clothes who wants to see my license and that he was going to issue me a ticket for"Snagging". After trying to explain what was going on and the DNR not wanting to hear it,I cast my line into the river and handed the officer my rod and told him reel in the line. The DNR officer started reeling in the line and two times he set the hook on what he thought was a strike foul hooking a sucker! He told me to call it a day and said he wasn't going to give me a ticket. I thanked him and told him if he really wanted to write tickets go upstream and watch the locals casting with pool cues and 40lb test line and 1/2oz jigs with twister tails ripping them back. And oh yeah,he better have back up when the "Snaggers" I mean fishermen object to the ticket!