close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Duck Hunting near newberry mi

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by clock98, Jan 7, 2018.

1. clock98

clock98

Does anyone know of any good places to duck hunt in newberry or northern luce county area?

2. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Here we go...

A Delorme Atlas, Google earth, a full tank of gas, notebook, and binoculars and lots of early mornings and late nights will get you far. No one's going to hand you a spot they took the time to figure out in their own. Maybe hand you the spot of someone that pissed them off.

Not trying to be a tool here. This is a polite response compared to how some would answer.

3. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

OK... first welcome to the site.....

are you new to hunting or new to duck hunting.....

what is the reason for the interest in the luce area... do you live there or go to school there... or both...

duck hunting in the UP is a tight lipped secret... you will probably get someone to give up a trout stream before they disclose a pond or lake they hunt ducks on...

dpweurding likes this.
  4. clock98

clock98

We just bought property up there for deer hunting and just looking for some spots or ideas for duck hunting up there this fall. Duck hunt quite a bit down state.

5. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

Congrats on the new property...

So early spring ie May I would start by scouting several of the smaller lakes and watch the activity... you will want a good pair of binos....

the conditions of the two tracks in April are close to those in October...

I have found some new spots while looking for perch and gills... or trout ponds...

If you don't have Onyx maps I would get it.... very helpful.... not saying that it happens but there is a lot of public land marked private....

I don't see the numbers of birds that I do in the lower but normally my success rate is higher in the UP...

I also drive 100 plus miles daily in the UP from spot to spot... if you find two good spots within 30 miles than you are doing good...

the UP is big country with a lot of little gems....

the biggest tip that I can give you is that wind is more important in the UP than in the lower.... have options...

6. clock98

clock98

Thank you very much for the advice!

7. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

There are some reservoirs n w of you that are not a secret but hold birds.

Any beaver flooding is worth a look. Early season will be mostly woodies with some mallards and ring necks. Flight ducks later will key to bigger water.

8. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

PM sent