Duck hunters

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by ohio up hunter, Nov 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ohio up hunter

ohio up hunter

Yesterday, duck hunted my property near Rose City. Started very good with 6 mallards harvested in first 15 minutes. Helping my old Lab retrieve a few of the ducks, when we heard deer hunters yell F... duck hunter its deer season from property on other side of the river, from my marsh. Sure the hunters where relatives of the older man that owns the property. Have duck hunted my property for 5 years. They fired there weapons and blew a nice group of ducks working are spread.
    Did not here the F... part of there yell, or may have reacted differently. Yelled back that it was the last day of duck season. My first negative hunting encounter in Michigan. Heard of these encounters. Reflected and do not think we did anything wrong hunting my own private marsh. We shot 5 deer the afternoon before and finished rifle season.

2. tdduckman

tdduckman

there are morons in every group, you should have listed to the deer hunters when the Dove vote was up, I had never met so many clueless " sportsmen" in my life.

Guys that only deer hunt have very little clue on other hunting and at times can be jerks.

Just watch the upland threads on interaction with bow hunters on public land.

TD

Fishfighter likes this.

3. Fishfighter

Fishfighter

All kinds of people out there. I had a guy at a managed area tell me I should go home and not hunt the weekend because he thought I was a local. So not just deer hunters.

Far Beyond Driven likes this.
  4. meganddeg

meganddeg

Yeah I've got a spot on public land like that. It gets a lot of pressure for deer but not much else. Late in the season it draws mallards, buffleheads and occasionally geese. I intentionally stay away during deer season for the reason you cite. Need to hit it now before the muzzleloader / rifle season re-opens.

5. quack head

quack head

The old me says ef u I can hunt ducks during deer gun. The new old me says I don't want the hassle.
    30 years of bird hunting and I'm always concerned some walmart hunter will shoot my dog.

6. Ieatshrooms

Ieatshrooms

Always keep R.A.P. programed into your phone. Call them in. I've had quick and good responses when I've had to call twice in my hunting career. They are harassing hunters and will be dealt with.

Fowl Play likes this.
  7. natureboy2534

natureboy2534

Holy shiz....I cant stop laughing. .:bowdown:

Big Skip likes this.