Dryft Gear and back packs

Discussion in 'FlyTyingForums.com, Fly Tying, Trout Fishing' started by adam bomb, May 13, 2018.

1. adam bomb

adam bomb

Anyone in here run any of the Dryft waders or jackets? I’ve been thinking about pulling the trigger on a set. Looks to be pretty nice stuff.

I’m also in the market for a pack. Anyone have a favorite they like? I’m looking at the Fish Pond Summit and the Simms Waypoint.

Thank you all for your input

AB

2. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

I do not own any Dryft, but have a couple of friends that do and they are quite pleased with what they have. Also on a couple of other forums that I am on there are people that like the Dryft products, not much help I know, just a thought to let you know.

3. mfs686

mfs686

I'm going to pick up the Fishpond Thunderhead Submersible Sling. I need a waterproof one for when I go to Alaska and I like the external straps to hold another rod and the slot for my net.

4. PunyTrout

PunyTrout

That sling pack looks pretty slick. If it came in flecktarn camo, I'd be sold. But for $230 I think I'll make due with my old side bag. I'd just end up bringing more than I need with me anyway...;)

REG likes this.
  5. adam bomb

adam bomb

That’s what I like about the Fishpond over the Simms. So many possible combinations to organize gear. The net holder on the long walks would be really nice I would think. I’d buy an addition fly patch also. Would be really nice to wrap different length/weighted shot lines around and stick on the outside of the pack.

6. adam bomb

adam bomb

Well it is helpful. I’m looking for positives to help make the right purchase. They’re a lot of money and look to have nice features. I just don’t want to make an expensive mistake.

7. mfs686

mfs686

I have a Simms sling pack now. It works fine but it gets wet most times because of my vertically challenged self. I'll still use it when I am walking shorelines but if the waders are going on the waterproof pack is going with me.

adam bomb likes this.
  8. strmanglr

strmanglr

Cabelas waders carry a lifetime warranty. I just bought a zip front of theirs for $140.00. I thought about buying a pair for $250 but I thought why, same warranty?

Keep the receipt, leak gets too bad, take em back and exchange on the spot, what's better than that?

I got a pair of Simms, lifetime warranty, but I got to send them in. Turn around time is several weeks. It's spring, early summer soon, best Trout fishing of the year. I can't wait.

Not a bad thing to have a backup set of waders.