close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

dry fire, not sure wh?

Discussion in 'Archery Tech' started by michael marrs, Jan 13, 2018.

1. michael marrs

michael marrs

I was practicing for my target league today, and had shot about 20 arrows, then shot one, pretty loud, i am in lane 9 arrow ends skidding on the floor in lane 1, ( there was an arrow loaded), and it was broke , about an 1 1/2 inches below the nock. New arrows, and I only shoot multi spots, so I don't think there was a fracture,or I did not quite have the arrow fully nocked, limbs seem okay, but string came off the cable. and you can see some lose string maybe just serving, but it is at shop , and will see if I need a new string or not, Just don't know why it happened

2. michael marrs

michael marrs

so, got a call from shop, I need a new cam, not sure on the string yet, at very least serving and nobody really understands why it ll happened, prolly won't make thurs league, it is what I get for practicing

3. jd4223

jd4223

What bow are you shooting?

4. GVDocHoliday

GVDocHoliday

If I had to guess, based on what you said, I'd say the nock broke at the shot. This caused the back end of the arrow to kick into your riser which snapped the shaft and deflected the arrow to the left across the lanes.

5. michael marrs

michael marrs

the nock never broke though it even had about an inch of all 3 feathers on it , but the nock was fine, the bow didn't take it very well though , thanks for the response Doc

6. GVDocHoliday

GVDocHoliday

Hmm...?

7. 454casull

454casull

Nock pinch? Glad your bow arm/hand came out unscathed. Always flex....

8. michael marrs

michael marrs

I wouldn't think so, I have been shooting these for about 3 weeks for target and was shooting a fita game and bam, was told by the shop I broke the cam too, not sure on the string status

9. GVDocHoliday

GVDocHoliday

Just sounds like a rare arrow failure. Unfortunate but it does happen...very very very very very rarely...but it happens.

michael marrs likes this.
  10. michael marrs

michael marrs

11. bigmac

bigmac

IMG_20170906_055446573.jpg happened to me in August...sounded like a .22 went off!!! arrow broke about an inch below knock shattered against my arm...the resulting bruise went from bicep to wrist. This pic is a reverse from in the mirror, actually my left arm. Just hours after hit. The bruising got worse, the impact welt lasted for two months

12. michael marrs

michael marrs

you know, i swear i felt something hit my arm, but wasn't real sure about it because of the shock of it all

13. bigmac

bigmac

I honestly was in shock/disbelief for a couple of minutes. We think on drawback it pulled the knock out a little and that space was enough to cause the result