Drummond Smallies?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland UP Lakes' started by tman69671, Aug 6, 2020.

1. tman69671

tman69671

Hey guys,
    Im heading up to Papins resort this upcoming weekend to do some fishing. The plan was to target smallies and try our hand with walleyes around dusk. Any pointers on where to look for the smallies or walleyes this time of year up there? Its my first time fishing the area so any help would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. UPBert

UPBert

tman69671 likes this.

3. piketroller

piketroller

Smallmouth are everywhere. Just trolling crankbaits anywhere within a 10 minute boat ride of Papins with more than 5 feet of water will put many in the boat. If you want a challenge, try the clear water around Burnt Island. You get away from the mud bottoms out there and the fish spook easily.

For walleye, look for the armada of boats fishing the shallow flat between Paw Point and Peck Island.

tman69671 likes this.
  4. tman69671

tman69671

Thanks for the help guys!
    We did well on saturday near bay island and the reefs near propeller island for smallmouth. When the weather moved through it seemed to shut things down for us and we had a hard time finding active fish getting a few on bruce point and a couple others scattered around the various islands. We got one walleye in 17fow west of peck and that was it for eyes. This morning bruce point fished the best. Fishing harnesses for eyes and tubes, flukes, and dropshots for smallmouth. Anyone else have a slow day sunday or just us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk