close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Drift Boat Repairs

Discussion in 'FlyTyingForums.com, Fly Tying, Trout Fishing' started by Spencer Alverson, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Spencer Alverson

Spencer Alverson

Im sure im over reacting but I haven't owned my stealthcraft for more than a year and she's already got some damage. Any advice on how to fix these issues? (Pictures)

Attached Files:

2. jjc155

jjc155

Hard to tell whats going on in the first pic. Is that the outside of the hull rubbing on the fender of the trailer?

In the second where is that at? Looks like a bolt popped off some fiberglass?

What about calling Stealth and asking their opinion? If the second pic is what I am thinking it is (and you didn't drop your anchor on it or something) it may be a warranty fix?

J-

3. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

I would definitely call Mike at Stealthcraft and have them take a look at your boat. They will know what is happening and be able to fix the problem correctly.

D

jjc155 likes this.
  4. Dorf-on-Steel

Dorf-on-Steel

Spencer,
    Check out Epoxyworks Magazine's past issues, they are free. Gougeon Brothers (West System Epoxy) has several products and the magazine has many issues over the last years with "how To's", repairing wood, fibreglass and a whole host of materials. Spend a few minutes and you'll find several repair articles that will help you. you can do the repairs yourself and save some real money. The repairs to your drift boat do NOT look all that difficult.
    G'Luck
    Dorf