Douglas Lake

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by flyfisher502, Jun 28, 2017.

1. flyfisher502

flyfisher502

I am fishing Douglas lake the week of July 4th ad wanted to see if anyone has any tips they could share. We will have a boat and will be trying to target pike and smallmouth. I heard fishing gets hard this late in the season with the abundance of weeds but I wanted to hear what everyone has to say. Even the smallest bit of advice is greatly appreciated.

slowpaya likes this.
  2. concentroutin

concentroutin

My brother and I fish it several times a year, but no recent activity for us. That said we like to anchor up in South Fishtail and behind Pell's Island (restaurant side). We also like to drift fish various bays including Maple Bay and off Judson Pt. We typically slow cast crawler harnesses and chuck large #5 spinners and rapala husky jerks for both smallies and pike. The smallies are healthy and robust while the pike tend to run a little small with a good one here and there. Good luck and please report back! The pumpkinseeds have been running big and in good numbers the last few years and you may even run into some decent crappie if interested.

slowpaya likes this.

3. slowpaya

slowpaya Premium Member

welcome to mich sprtsmn flyfisher:Welcome: