Double Trouble ! !

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by "Big Tuna", Jun 25, 2020.

1. "Big Tuna"

"Big Tuna"

Kidnapped the grandkids for the day of eye fishin. It was a first for the six year old fishing the Detriot.
    They somehow even caught a musky apiece. A 35 and 46 incher.
    It was a day of firsts. Both caught their first musky , and the youngest one his first walleye.
    IMAG3646.jpg

2. 2010flhtk

2010flhtk

They will remember this day for a very long time! Way to go getting the kids out there.:fish:

Go Lions!!!! and "Big Tuna" like this.

3. KI Jim

KI Jim

What a crew! Way to go Cap'n!

"Big Tuna" likes this.
  4. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Cant wait til my grandkids are old enough.Great picture.Way to hook the next generation.

DoubleJay and "Big Tuna" like this.
  5. Kevin Hughes

Kevin Hughes

Way to go grandpa!!

"Big Tuna" and kisherfisher like this.
  6. LITTLECLEO

LITTLECLEO

"Big Tuna" likes this.
  7. Hook and Ladder

Hook and Ladder

That's how l got addicted 40 plus years ago. Great memories you are making with them.

"Big Tuna" and kisherfisher like this.
  8. "Big Tuna"

"Big Tuna"

Thank you.
    My grandsons had dreamed about catching a musky even tho i knew their chances were very slim based on the fact we were bouncing for eyes. Id told them when i was young i remembered how alot of the old fishermen i knew would nail the head of monster pike they had caught on a tree or barn.
    Little did i know that the fish gods would grant their wishes. Heres a pic of the 46" one. My 6 year old that caught it ( with a tiny bit of pa pas help ) is also 46" tall.
    Yes yesterday will never be forgotten because it proves that dreams can come true.

IMAG3652.jpg

We also got to pick a spot to have their monster fish head collection. The tradition lives on !

9. Seafire

Seafire

Great story grandpa! Thanks for sharing it.

"Big Tuna" likes this.
  10. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Oh my god.How did you land him.You know they are going to be spoiled.They're going to think that happens all the time.Nice job.

"Big Tuna" likes this.
  11. "Big Tuna"

"Big Tuna"

He fought like a musky should. Four big runs and also some top water action. When he finally run out of gas i knew this past by the boat was our best chance of getting him. My fishing buddy eased the net in the water and he swam right in. The landing net got bend when the two of us lifted him in. My grandsons have been on cloud nine ever since. I saved the chewed up crawl harnesses for each of them to remember what they got their first musky on. I know they will be kept in a safe spot with alot of our other cherished memories.
    I guess some times, some things are just meant to be.

IMAG3666.jpg

DoubleJay and kennyb1 like this.
  12. roger23

roger23

When we had a Cottage on Marble Lake years ago and the State put Tiger Muskies in and they destroyed the Pan Fish fishing we had a war on the Muskies .and use to nail their heads on the trees and when we had Wooden dock posts some were put on them also

"Big Tuna" likes this.
  13. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Thats awesome.Some great memories.We used to do the same thing with pike heads when I was a kid.

"Big Tuna" likes this.
  14. Divers Down

Divers Down

C4599E12-ACA8-486E-91F1-B07A318D480E.jpeg From a mid 40in floater many years ago...no respectable outdoorsman should be without one in their garage. Lol

Skinner 2, DoubleJay and "Big Tuna" like this.
  15. SteelSearchin

SteelSearchin

Way cool!! I still remember the pike head in my grandma's barn my uncle caught 40+ years ago. Great memories for years to come- you guys are raising them right!