Dog Trainer Lets Dogs Die

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Lamarsh, May 9, 2018.

1. birdhntr

birdhntr

They are always out there.It will happen again.I don't let anyone watch my dogs.If something happened I would find myself to blame.People offer at times and I always say their fast and full of energy and they always say oh nonsense I can handle them just fine.Then my forty pound short hair comes zinging by their head laying of the picnic table.Are you sure? Lol.That's Dixie there she thinks she can fly!You need to know more and do your research for sure.There are a few from this site I would trust from what I've seen over years in this sight.Nick and Bruce for sure would have the best interest in your dog to name a couple.I hate to say it but if I was one of those people I would only blame myself.Stay local and always go to kennel property in general.Honestly who can train forty dogs at once?So at 600 a dog that's 24,000 a month and can't maintain vaccines and food and water.What a scam!

Lamarsh likes this.

2. Wolf_Dancer34

Wolf_Dancer34

It sure is easy to an arm chair judge and jury. And easy to have an opinion when you ASSume that you know the truth by what has been posted by a reporter...please please please I beg all who were not involved in this tragic situation to be considerate of those of us who are.

gundogguy likes this.
  3. wirehair

wirehair

Sad for the dogs

Lamarsh likes this.
  4. Dead Bird

Dead Bird Mods

I feel for all effected.... especially those that thought they where doing a good thing for there pup...

but I would like to hear someone's spin on how this is not what the police are reporting as it is.... not sure why they were not certified or insured....

from the outside looking in... sounds like a nice revenue generator....

and as a side note the police are not "reporters"... quotes from the police are just that "quotes"

Lamarsh and Nostromo like this.
  5. Nostromo

Nostromo

Lamarsh likes this.
  6. N M Mechanical

N M Mechanical Premium Member

The thing that gets me about this situation is the amount of clients that sent their dogs for a period of time and when that time was up they did not pick up their dog. I hear from my clients weekly if not daily for some and I could not imagine keeping a dog 2 months past the expected time

Lamarsh likes this.
  7. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

I'm not judging anything, just sharing the news that I saw from an FB friend whose dog died there. The situation is still unclear how this all happened, who knows could be a mental health issue, we've seen that before... but I don't think it's unreasonable to be sickened by what appears to be so many dogs suffering, as well thinking about how the dogs' owners must feel, regardless of how it happened. One shorthair was found dead in a trash bag. Unless the whole thing is patently false? If you have details that you don't mind sharing, that would be nice. Lots of things seem to still be unexplained.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    SWMbruiser likes this.
  8. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Agreed. Reports of dead, abandoned and malnourished dogs, dead dog found in a trash bag, and building covered in feces with no food or water for the dogs, and another building in a similar state. IMO that sort of shifts the burden to the owner of the facility, or maybe other people sounding like they claim there is more to it than being reported and that others should stay out of it, to come forward and fill in the blanks.

9. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

That's a great idea. I'd like to donate, but I am wondering if there is a way for us to ensure our donations are earmarked for this incident and the dogs involved. I called them but an answering machine said they are closed. Anybody have any ideas?

10. Waif

Waif

Feel free to put us right on the story.
    The truth of if dogs and their owners were neglected or not, quarantine enforced when disease was present , Veterinarian and owners involved in resolution ect..

11. birdhntr

birdhntr

Did you have a dog there?Michigan was mentioned.unlicensed,unregistered,unvaccinated,undernourished,unsanitary,and it's being reported that nine dogs are unaccounted for.A year and a half old business and over forty dogs?His site claims the best of care.He had a health issue and should have made arrangements or called the humane society for helpI can't find a sound explanation for this going this far..

anticipation likes this.
  12. Nostromo

Nostromo

No, the money just goes into the mix. You would be supporting the agency which stepped up and helped. Something like this is quite a draw on their resources as you can imagine.

Lamarsh likes this.
  13. slammer

slammer

It is what it is. I sold one of the dead pups to the guy that owned both of the dead dogs . The owner of that kennel was a friggen loser

birdhntr and N M Mechanical like this.
  14. birdhntr

birdhntr

It is what it is exactly.He designed a great looking website and worked the social media avenue.A book can sell from its title or cover but does not always represent what's inside.It seems like he would be a good used car salesman.How many people would it take to run a forty plus dog operation?It was about money more than about the dogs.My breeder told me when the state came to inspect his kennel he followed them with a sprayer on the ground that they walked on as he was concerned about what they might bring a (disease from another kennel on there feet.)I would think it would be a full day just cleaning and feeding the dog's let alone and then training on top of that?Owning and training a dog is different than running a kennel operation.But don't worry he said he will make it right and put this behind him and move on from this!

Aaronjeep2 likes this.