Does every LURE Rapala makees catch fish??

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by sfw1960, Jun 3, 2010.

1. YES - If it's in their catalog - it takes fish

64.4%
  2. NO

21.8%
  3. I never used their product

1.1%
  4. Nope , they've made some REAL duds over the years

12.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yes the rapala rattle trap is a king killer at times.

Ive caught fish on most of my rapalas and really like the minnow rap series.
    The new flat rap has incredible flash and am sure will be a winner as well.

2. brookies101

brookies101

Every rapala i've used has caught me fish. I especially like the hj, countdown, jointed size 9-11, minnow rap, and the x-rap. One thing I have always done is tie a loop knot to the o-ring, gives the lure pretty good action... I'm glad to hear the salmon like the rattletraps from the pier, just bought a couple of the bigger clackin raps for just that situation. Gettin excited!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010

3. yellowbelly80

yellowbelly80

i only use floater's f5-f13 and they catch 98% of my walleye..i got sucked into the new flat rap and run them every time out (which is 4-7 days a week) and im yet to catch a fish on it yet..and i have one of every color and size :rant:

4. OH-YEAH!!!

OH-YEAH!!! Premium Member

I had terrible results with the rattling rappalas but terrific results with Rat-L Traps.

My go to Rat-L trap used to be the 1/2 oz all chrome colored model. That lure model caught everything. Pike, snook, sea trout, smallmouth, jack crevalle, bonito, barracuda, snapper, grunts, walleye, largemouth, dogfish, and more freshwater sheephead than I care to recall.

The same equivalent size rattling rappala would get nothing even close. A few hammer handle pike, some big rock bass...

I haven't fished with hardware in almost 10 years but this thread has me thinking about buying a 7 foot Ugly Stick, a Shimano reel and a bunch of those Rat-L Traps to see what I can pull out of the Grand and the Grand Haven pier. :)

As to the rest of the rappalas I've tried, some worked great, some seemed to turn the bite right off...

5. flat raps are not the best trolling raps, they are ment to be cast with a jerking retrieve which really throws the flash around

6. mriversinco

mriversinco

I've got one floating rapala that just tears them up, so since it got beat up I went and bought another and that one doesn't catch anything. Never a hit even. Same style, same color, nothing.

Also, bought the tail wagger, or whatever they call it and haven't gotten a bite on that one either.

7. yellowbelly80

yellowbelly80

try tuning it..bend the wire nose down to give it of a wobble action..bend it up and it gives it a flatter action...

8. thedude

thedude

rapala's are junk compared to what it was 10-15 years ago. i don't waste money on any of them anymore. People will scoff at paying 10-15$ for a lucky craft or jackall crankbait - however, i don't think its fair to pay 7.50 DT and then go through 6 of them because the bill broke off on the hook set or just casting. The only bait i might still use from them is a husky jerk or the original shad raps.

9. Griffin

Griffin

Rapala has the best lures ever. My favourite is the Super Shad Rap.

10. swamptromper

swamptromper

Yep.... you betcha.... on EVERY cast too !! :rolleyes:

I have caught more :fish2: with knock - offs out of the bargain bin, than any Rapalla thingy thing thing. :gaga:

One of my fishing buddys must have one of each shape and color... hardly uses them, to think he could have bought a nice used car instead.

11. STEINFISHSKI

STEINFISHSKI Staff Member Mods

He's not superstitious he's just a littlestitious.:lol:

12. fisher-jim

fisher-jim

I am addicted to Rapala's. I have had to become more selective about new purchases, "but I get at least 2 of each color for 'just in case'".

13. DE82

DE82 Banned

You don't need every lure, all you need is a silver F5 rap. It will catch you everything from perch and crappie to steelhead and muskie

14. DE82

DE82 Banned

You tune a rapala by bending right to left not up and down ;)

15. Ranger Ray

Ranger Ray Smells like, Victory! Premium Member

Thats my story Robert and I am stickin to it! :SHOCKED: :evil: