Do you think Lucky Craft baits are worth $15-$20 a pop??

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by sfw1960, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Yes-they are well worth losing a few-compared to the rewards of whackin' some good fish.

19.2%
  2. No-I find other less expensive brands can fill the box as well at a lower cost.

80.8%
  1. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Like "we" all just toss baits & reel them in....
    (Suggesting everybody else is clueless , maybe??)
    Give somebody else a little credit , will ya??
    :lol: :lol:
    I believe I catch a ton of fish using Rogues , Bombers , X-Raps and HJ's ~ 'Nuff that I'd rather have 3-4 "cheap" baits for $20 than one single.

:evilsmile

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  2. KeLLoGGz

KeLLoGGz

them LC's is not bad at all but is pricey.. i got a deal on mines got 15 w/ a falcon tackle box for 130.. got it off ebay, bought a couple of them off of craiglist too and some from bps.... during the fall LC pointer 100 out fished those other lures... from rough to hj to gramma... 3 of us limited out within 4 hours pier fishing...

3. RJSwirlz

RJSwirlz

Every time I order tackle I buy one new LC hard bait, that wait it's not so tough on the wallet. Japan is much better at producing tackle then the Chinese garbage baits with crappy hooks, cheap paint, and bill's that crack if they even spot a stump or rock. I run all my crankbaits before using them in tournaments, and so far...I have yet to find a Lucky Craft Crank that needed a tuning. Try some LC Slender Pointers on your next smallie trip, and you'll see what's up!

4. DE82

DE82 Banned

Nope, give me a F5 rapala thank you :D

5. Drisc13

Drisc13

I think it's all what you believe will work (that's why I have such a hard time with plastics in detroit river...haven't had much luck with 'em there yet!). That said, I'm scared as hell at losing one....so don't fish 'em as much as others.

I've got 2 or 3 LC's and I have confidence in them because I feel like I paid enough money for the things they SHOULD work!

By the way, there's a series of lures out there---Fisherman's Series---that are garbage if trying to fish them fast/troll (won't divulge the whole name in case they try and take my credit card...those guys in Dundee are tough). The money I wasted on those "deals" would've been much better spent on Rapala's or even the LuckyCrafts. Same goes with the discount spinners---get Mepps and Panther Martin and avoid the cheapies in the discount bin.

my 2 cents!

6. thedude

thedude

the RC 1.5 is an awesome crankbait. worth every penny so are the pointers. i cringe at losing one to a pike, but thats the game. I also rarely pay more than 10-11 per bait.

to date - i have not lost one.

7. Ranger Ray

Ranger Ray Smells like, Victory! Premium Member

8. Downriver Tackle

Downriver Tackle Banned

From a custom painters and coatings chemist perspective......... yes.

They're clearcoat is one of the best out there and I've yet to get one for repaint that has lost ANY paint. Still not better than mine though. ;) LOL

As for the colors and complexity of the schemes........ amazing. Take Brown Shrimp for example. That's literally a 7 coat paint scheme. Not to mention that the pearls they use are anywhere from $300-1200 per pound! :yikes:

If they catch fish equally, you'll burn through a dozen F-Raps before you even start to scuff up a Lucky Craft.

I get brand new Lucky's in the package all the time from bass guys that have me take those $10-15 lures and completely repaint them to some other scheme. :SHOCKED:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  9. wolverines

wolverines

I voted yes in regaurds to other higher priced baits, not just LuckyCraft. I'd take a $24 C-Flash crank over all others every time...

I did loose a LC to a pike on Hardy a couple weeks ago after making about 20 casts with it. Of course I was pissed, but I'm still going to replace it with another LC when the time comes...

10. steely74

steely74

About 5 years ago took a week long trip to Canada armed with dozens of different styles, brands and colors of cranks since crankbaits were my favorite baits to fish. The Lucky Craft pointers ouitfished all other bait by a wide margin. The pike just tore up the perch pattern and ripped off the eyes of the bait and it had most of the paint chipped off from teeth marks. Yet the lure still caught fish. It is now retired and is my souvenir left from my trip to Canada.

As someone mentioned earlier with Lucky craft or any jerkbait for that matter the key is working it correctly. Twitch twitch pause was the cadence that was most successful. Now what makes these baits so effective at least for the pointers is that on the pause they wobble side to side. You will not notice unless it is in very clear water because the wobble is very slight but it seems make all the difference.

11. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

It's still 80%/20% in favor of getting m0' f0' y0' money$$$$$$$$
    :lol:

12. thedude

thedude

i hope it stays that way. :lol: