Do you think Lucky Craft baits are worth $15-$20 a pop??

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by sfw1960, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Yes-they are well worth losing a few-compared to the rewards of whackin' some good fish.

19.2%
  2. No-I find other less expensive brands can fill the box as well at a lower cost.

80.8%
  1. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I know they catch fish and they have a great finish as well as run true - but the thought of a toothy critter chompin' on a hard earned tWennY sp0T just doesn't sit right in my craw.
    :rant:
    Especially since I can usually buy two or three other (brand name) baits for that $20.

How many of you guys buy Lucky & take your knocks when Mister Munch eats your lunch??

:yikes:

I won't pay the price....
    YOU??????

Robert :fish2:

2. earl

earl

action frankly was not as good as some less expensive plugs....

3. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I agree - what are you comparing to?

4. RDS-1025

RDS-1025

I can catch plenty of fish on much more reasonably priced baits.
    However even the less expensive baits are getting up in price anymore.

5. Fishfighter

Fishfighter

try blaze baits outfished my whole box so far this year only 2.25 each got anything from large gills to steel

6. N M Mechanical

N M Mechanical Premium Member

I voted yes but only when I am fishing traverse bay for smallies or crystal for smallies. Other then those two bodies of water they stay home.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Swamp Monster

Swamp Monster Premium Member

I don't have any. I would like to try a few for sure. However, like others, I can't see dropping that kind of money. I lose enough $8 baits to northerns and since I don't use braid and can't find a light wire leader I find acceptable, it's a chance I take. There are some hard body swim baits in the $15 range that I want to try and may buy just one to ease my curiosity. (part of me hopes I don't catch squat with it so I don't want to buy more!) Even Rapala is headed to double digit pricing, won't be long until their whole catalogue is at the $10 mark so.......

If my $5 Bomber Model A's someday stop catching fish, maybe I'll consider a $18 Lucky.

8. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I have a Lucky Craft Pointer I was given. They named it that because when you buy one, the cashier points to you as you walk out everyone points at you and whispers "sucker".

9. RDS-1025

RDS-1025

Thats funny.

And probably true.

10. RDS-1025

RDS-1025

Swamp, You should try the AFW Surflon Micro Supreme. It is a 7x7 strand knotable, S.S. wire that ties like mono.
    I have taken Northerns to 20# with it on tip-ups with no problem at all.

11. triplehooked

triplehooked

Is that what everyone was pointing at? :rolleyes: I bought a pointer last week, haven't used it yet. Prob. lose it to a pike...... I'll keep ya posted as to how it works.

12. bassdisaster

bassdisaster Banned

I have several Blaze baits, their Flash minnow is larger then the LC 70 but it catches fish and seems to mimic the shape of the LC's, I also have several Lipless baits by Blaze, they also work great but the hooks on their baits need replacing!
    Those stock hooks suck, break off in a fishes mouth, so I switch out with some Mustad Tripple grip's or OWNER hooks!
    I have several LC's I rarely ever use them, same with my TD minnows, not so much because of action they work great but as SFW said I cant see loosing a $20+ bait to a slimmer!

BD

13. Ive dropped the money on a few lucky crafts here and there I really like the trout swimbait one but have not had the chance to fish it. I also have a sammy or two which are vary good topwater walking baits. But I tend to lean towards the Xcalibur brand now days with my hard baits. Theres no better rattle trap then the Xr50.

14. Swamp Monster

Swamp Monster Premium Member

I will try that, thanks!! I got lined again this weekend using a 5.5" Yum Money Minnow Swim Bait.... I watched the northern inhale it and that was all she wrote.

15. Handlining Rules

Handlining Rules

I have won many tournaments with these baits. You need to know how to fish them correctly though...you just can't throw it out there and reel it back in. It takes some practice...It's all what you believe in!