Do in the mutes!

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by DecoySlayer, May 17, 2018 at 6:25 PM.

1. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

don novicki likes this.
  2. Duckiller

Duckiller

Why kill them,? They attack idiots on jet skis!

3. don novicki

don novicki

In Pa. we are allowed to blast away. If I get an opportunity rest assured I will take out as many as I can. I'm surprised Michigan DNR isn't on board with hunting them. Where do you see most of them, out by Harsens?

4. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

Most people can’t tell the difference between a tundra, mute, or trumpeter. Even if they had all 3 pictured on poster boards let alone on the wing or water. Heck some people can’t even tell the difference between a snow goose and swan... the DNR thins a few mutes out in our state a year.

5. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

The "Beautiful People" that live in TC, Petoskey, Indian River, etc. or migrate there in summer would never stand for a general season. Heck, they scream bloody murder when there are even limited control measures taken. Business owners love the destructive invasive pests too . FM

6. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

It is very easy to tell the difference between a trumpeter and a mute. I don't believe there are any tundra swans around here this time of year.

7. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

We can't even get a dove season here.

8. craigrh13

craigrh13

You need to have 70% of lake owners agree to the DNR coming in and killing the mutes when there’s private land touching public water. That or the township has to pass a resolution. Sucks.

9. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

That is foolish and should not even be allowed. ALL wildlife management should be handled on science by the DNR.

Imagine what it would be like if all game management was run by the townships.