DNR view of CWD

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by Joe Archer, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bioactive

bioactive Tornado Jim Premium Member

Put as many words together in a single post as you want, the statement that there is no evidence of transmission to humans is absolutely correct. And the advisory that meat should be tested before consuming and not consumed if positive is prudent advice since the possibility that it might be transmitted to humans is a finite one and one that we should take precautions against. Prudent, sensible advice that does not in any way counter the observation that there is no current evidence for transmission and much more rational and reasonable than your shrill fear mongering.

2. 357Maximum

357Maximum Banned

Not everyone employs your favorite tactics Jim...do not judge others through your own reflection might be something you wanna give a try someday...or not...whatever. It might just be easier to try and get the folks that have seen the light and now disagree with you fired though. :lol:

3. terry

terry Banned

FLOUNDERSDAD ???

Greetings Michigan-Sportsman Forum, Floundersdad,and Moderators et al,

i see this long lost thread recently had a few hits.

two from ;

bioactiveTornado Jim

and also i see, who is this new member, joined today, 'Floundersdad' and why do they have my profile picture on their page here i.e. Floundersdad ???

PLEASE SEE; i see at the bottom of this post, just today, a LIKE was hit that was from ;

Today

1. [​IMG]
      Floundersdad liked your post in the thread DNR view of CWD.
      2:15 AM

see at bottom of this message the like from Floundersdad;

Terry, I believe that more of us would read your information if you could put it into a synopsis. The above posts, as are some others by you, are a long technical read. I believe that you sincerely want to pass helpful information to us and I am just trying to make a suggestion that would get the most folks on here reading it.

yes sir, i get that from some folks, but then i have others that want the science. then you have the ones that say my posts are too long. i thought by posting a short sentence or two and then posting the science in blogs (no advertisements and have made no money from them, just for education), i thought that would work. but then you have folks that says it's junk science coming from blogs, claiming i am sitting here in my tin foil hat making this stuff up. bottom line, it does not matter what i say, it's the science, show me the transmission studies, i have said that from day one, show me the science. i think that what folks need. the old science that was, and what has happened along the way, all of it, to the latest science. then they can make their own minds up, without just taking my word for it...or not.

kind regards, terry

Floundersdad, 357Maximum, mbrewer and 2 others like this.

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/dnr-view-of-cwd.555550/

IF you go to the profile page Floundersdad, you will see a comment section, with MY profile picture...

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/members/floundersdad.114764/

see ;

Floundersdad

Male, from Kawkawlin

Floundersdad was last seen:

Viewing thread Best knife?, Today at 2:31 AM

Last Activity:
    Today at 2:31 AM

mechanic

IF you go to the profile page Floundersdad, you will see a comment section, with MY profile picture...

any thoughts???

terry

Sunday, February 25, 2018

PRION ROUND TABLE CONFERENCE 2018 MAY, 22-25 A REVIEW

http://prionconference.blogspot.com/2018/02/prion-round-table-conference-2018-may.html

4. Dish7

Dish7

Yes....huh?

jr28schalm and sniper like this.
  5. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

I’m not sure what was on the news yesterday around Traverse City, but it seems to have scared the he’ll out of people.

First, these prions are nothing to take lightly. Jumping the species barrier must be taken seriously.

Second, testing is a great idea.

Third, if all they did yesterday was scare people with the Canadian research, then come on man. That’s been out there, it’s significant and needs peer review.

6. sniper

sniper

Dish do not ask for a response...
    The amount of brain fuel exhausted to navigate through the first post is all I have...Just let it be...

Namrock, jr28schalm and Dish7 like this.
  7. Dish7

Dish7

Point taken. I'll sit back and let Bio handle this one LOL.

Rowdy Bandit and sniper like this.
  8. terry

terry Banned

ev·i·dence
    ˈevədəns/
    noun
    1. 1.
      the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

your wrong sir, there is plenty of 'evidence', that indeed, zoonosis from cwd tse prion is possible, if it has not happened already. in fact, there is more 'evidence' that indeed cwd tse prion is a risk factor to humans, than there is not. it's as simple as that. there is evidence from macaque, there is evidence from squirrel monkey, mice, but it is not legal to do transmission studies on humans.

also, sporadic cjd, 85%+ of all human tse prion, comes from something, spontaneous has never been proven in 85%+ of all human prion disease i.e. sporadic cjd, and science shows that ;

LOOKING FOR CWD IN HUMANS AS nvCJD or as an ATYPICAL CJD, LOOKING IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES $$$

*** These results would seem to suggest that CWD does indeed have zoonotic potential, at least as judged by the compatibility of CWD prions and their human PrPC target. Furthermore, extrapolation from this simple in vitro assay suggests that if zoonotic CWD occurred, it would most likely effect those of the PRNP codon 129-MM genotype and that the PrPres type would be similar to that found in the most common subtype of sCJD (MM1).***

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.4161/pri.28124?src=recsys

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/pri.28124?needAccess=true

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/20/1/13-0858_article.htm

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2017

CDC Now Recommends Strongly consider having the deer or elk tested for CWD before you eat the meat

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2017/09/cdc-now-recommends-strongly-consider.html

so, one must look at the 'evidence' to date, and make ones mind up for themselves, their families, their children and friends, before consuming a cervid that may be infected with the cwd tse prion. as far as me being anti-meat, some folks seem to like to pass that along as fact, but it is simply not. i am a meat eater, however, i just don't want to eat tse prions, you should not either, they can kill people...another fact.

the only evidence that cwd tse prion does not transmit to humans, is the fact no one has _documented_ a case, simply due to the fact our fine federal friends are going by science that is almost 4 decades old. updated, sound, peer review science shows different, and it's all been posted here in the past. it took 10 years to finally admit, when science was staring them in the face, that indeed BSE caused nvCJD in young folks. by the time politics allowed science to admit c-BSE caused nvCJD in your kids, it was much too late, the mad cows were out of the barn. same thing is happening with cwd, cervids, and humans as sporadic cjd...imo.

i only pray that i am wrong and your are correct, but science is showing that is not the case.

have a nice day...

kind regards,

Floundersdad and FREEPOP like this.
  9. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

Meat cannot be tested.

357Maximum likes this.
  10. Waif

Waif

It can.
    Not effectively for CWD at this point.:D

357Maximum and FREEPOP like this.
  11. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

I think there is going to e part 2 tonight

12. Waif

Waif

Now that's harsh.
    Don't make me start writing a lengthy rebuttal....!

357Maximum, FREEPOP and jr28schalm like this.
  13. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Yes your right, lol...sorry

Waif likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.