DNR staff/bTB

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by swampbuck, Jul 17, 2020.

1. AntiHuntersLoveMe

AntiHuntersLoveMe Premium Member

motdean likes this.

2. mbrewer

mbrewer

That's what happens when leadership's first instinct is to reach for the shovel instead of the phone.

motdean likes this.
  3. Hunters Edge

Hunters Edge

Sad that an agency thinking they can reduce the spread of bTB in wildlife. Can not reduce the spread of it with their employees. Let alone protect their employees from contracting the disease. It may be why they have had little to no success in eliminating it the wild? Especially with it being documented being in deer in Michigan for DECADES!

I feel for those individuals and their families.

Makes one wonder if the DNR can not protect their employees. Has not eliminated bTB in decades. I wonder how effective they will be with CWD? It sure does not show a reputable reputation or responsible actions, definitely little to no prevention IMO.

Again I sympathize with those employees and their families, who are now living with this disease.

4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Lots of speculation in the article but it doesn’t change the fact that some employees now have a latent form of bTB. I’ve sat in bTB meetings with the US Department of AG and MDARD where the doctors told us of the amount of latent TB in Michigan’s population any where infected cattle have been. I believe we were told there has also been 3 active cases in deer hunters.

Do a little research on latent TB.