DNR reporting 20% increase in license sales

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by DirtySteve, Oct 1, 2020.

1. 28hotshot

28hotshot

You will see the opposite come gun season. A lot of traditional gun only hunters are buying crossbows so they can bow hunt. Just bought tags earlier this year.

2. motdean

motdean

Nobody caught Covid-19 Coronavirus either....until they did.

You seem to be in touch with the DNR quite often. Have you asked them if they expect CWD to jump the species barrier?

Just because it may not be in your lifetime or mine doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t move to keep people safe.

Fordguy likes this.

3. Waif

Waif

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1567134820303154

mbrewer likes this.
  4. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I dont think anyone "expects" it. Everyone knows anything could be possible. Cwd had been in the US abut 60 years now and it continually spreads.. Not sure what you are expecting from a few more tests in michigan.

sureshot006 likes this.
  5. buck snort

buck snort

It’s a huge mistake!!!

6. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

The only saving grace is most hunters dont understand the rules. Many will never realize they can shot a doe on the combo license. There are hunters that dont know the UP has APR's after all these years.

7. Newaygo1

Newaygo1

I am still not accepting ANYTHING The DNR Is Talking. because one time they suggested fewer hunters and I know 3 that are not " Deer Hunting" This Year for lack of getting a Deer tested and because they had to Meet the 24 Hour Check In that Made No Sense the last 2 Years, their words not Mine. But the DNR is Just Talking It up as I have Yet to Buy Any Deer License YET. And Others I know have also Not purchased their license as they Only Firearms Hunt and some years Work takes Priority. Next Year when they Actually have Good Data truth be told as what ever they are talking right Now is Speculation on the DNR's Part! They are attempting to "Market" something when they mention Hunter's Number will be "Down" This Year. Talk is Cheap but what else can we expect from the DNR. And I Won't be buying an Antlerless for 2020 only a Combo so that is Another License a Hunter did not "PURCHASE" SO Why do some Take as Good Information Just because someone from the DNR Spout's IT!
    Sad
    No Faith In Anything the DNR Says and have not for many Years they misrepresent a lot of Things as they HAVE!!!!!!
    Newaygo1

ridgewalker and bigbuckmiddaugh like this.