DNR Access

Discussion in 'Questions about MI Hunting/Fishing Law' started by Popple Pusher, May 1, 2018.

1. Popple Pusher

Popple Pusher

I understand that COs can pretty much go wherever they please with probable cause but can they bring an ORV onto private property to just check hunters? Also, if property is fenced and gated would we be required to provide keys to any gates?

2. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

I wouldn't think they could, and I ain't given any keys to them.

3. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

My sil is a LEO ...he says by the nature of their job COs have more lead way but only to a point .

4. bobberbill

bobberbill

Just checking hunters is not probable cause to enter private property. No need to give them keys. I doubt if they would take them if offered.

5. MossyHorns

MossyHorns

Several years ago, the local CO drove his truck onto my uncle's farm one morning when he was heading out deer hunting. He had been following him down the road and pulled up next to his truck just to check his license. The CO tried accusing him on not having his gun in a case, which it was. Screwed up his hunt.

6. bobberbill

bobberbill

I think he was wrong. Quite a few years ago some new A-hole people bought a chunk of land next to my farm. I shot a deer before gun season with a bow and was tracking it across my cornfield with a light. They called RAP, and the DNR showed up. He sat on the roadway for over an hour with his blues lit up. Pissed me off. I finally walked to the road and asked him what was the problem. He informed me he had a RAP complaint for poaching. I said good luck, I'd sleep in my truck if I had to. He left.. Never did he come on my property.

mjh4 likes this.