Disturbing Information

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by AaronJohn, Nov 12, 2020.

1. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

Heard from somebody I know, not very well, that I refuse to hunt with, that they were able to hunt the veterans hunt after lying about not being able to find their proof of service.

Weird flex for him to brag about this.. I know.

I figured the DNR would be more keen on such BS.

Say they drew dead last..... please tell me that card was set aside for the last pick and it was not a coincidence.

Vets: Thank you for your service.

AJ

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  2. natureboy2534

natureboy2534

Liked for that only reason. .
    Throw his name out there, middle of week and not hunting ..So something to do while at work...LOL..
    Karma will catch up with them...

Ieatshrooms and Wallis like this.

3. ajkulish

ajkulish

Wonder if that would have any repercussions. It isn't illegal, but is it still violating a land use rule? Could this be a ticketable offense?

POS either way

Ieatshrooms and andyotto like this.
  4. AaronJohn

AaronJohn

If you ask me he was completely not permitted to hunt. His permit was void.

It was an illegal ballot.

ajkulish likes this.
  5. Deadeyedeek

Deadeyedeek

Karma and the man upstairs will catch up with him!

6. TNL

TNL

#stolenvalor

LuckyBucks, 6Speed, Wallis and 3 others like this.
  7. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

should roast him publicly if you find it out to be true.. drag his name threw the mud

8. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

would be considered hunting out of season, permit not valid.

9. flighthunter

flighthunter

I worked with a person like this for about a week. He blew up on a small supply owner for not taking back a piece or two of old siding. (He Didn’t even have the receipt, and wasn’t a big buyer at this shop). I was embarrassed for him. The final straw was when he tried to scam a veterans discount at Lowe’s. The cashier asked him for ID, then the back peddling started and tripping over his words. Coincidentally that was my last day, what a turd. In hindsight I wish I would would’ve pressed him on his bs/military service, but I needed a ride home at the time. I have no respect for people that “steal valor”. Especially for 10% off Lowe’s stuff when you’re a contractor.

10. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

i never personally served, but have several close friends and even family members that did. So when i hear about these pricks who do these types of things, i do my best to call them out as publicly as i can so EVERYONE knows how much of a turd they are

11. reflex2004

reflex2004

Those who served and died didn't serve for people to lie about being a veteran. This is absolutely a **** move all over some ducks at a managed area. Clearly priorities are not in right order for this sack of ****.

12. Wallis

Wallis

Please post his name and location. I have a tube sock full of bars of soap that would like to meet him.

I never served either. But my dad fought in the forgotten war, and I watched my hero struggle with PTSD and survivors guilt my whole life. I never understood until I was grown, because he never talked about it. My mom filled me in on stuff in my teen years when pops had a “little” freak out on me for sighting in my .300 without letting him know first. Now I understand why dads least favorite holiday was 4th of July, and why he was always happy when it rained and cancelled fireworks. He is 88 and has never taken a dime from the government. I remember when he was having a hard time and mom got him to go to the VA to get some meds changed. He was rated an 80 and was asked why he wasn’t on disability. I never will forget what he said, “I’m here talking to you with my family, I don’t deserve a dime.” To this day he will take a senior citizens discount but never has taken a veterans discount. I found his medals when I was snooping like kids do, that’s the last time I snooped through the folks stuff. To this day he has never told me a single story from war time. He will tell his boxing stories but that is about it.

The first time my dad ever “begged” for anything was when I told him I was joining the marines my senior year. He lost it.

So thank you to all who have served or have loved ones who have. Now I’m going to give pops a call.

13. natureboy2534

natureboy2534

I never knew why we had to wake my dad up with a broom stick by poking him while he was sleeping untill I seen him swing at my mom.. Now he's in his 70s I have to use one just to wake him up from a deep sleep by hitting him (lol). That stuff they say about returning home after war is no joke..

14. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

buddies dad is 75. 2 tours VN. still won't talk about it.

anagranite, natureboy2534 and Wallis like this.
  15. Fowl Play

Fowl Play

Stolen valor should be a felony. Veterans that saw combat saw things and had to do things that we could never imagine. All veterans deserve the utmost respect and discounts and a priority at a draw just does not seem like enough. Without the brave, we wouldn’t be free.

GRUNDY, Fishfighter, Rgrinny and 3 others like this.