Disgusted by tv shows

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Jimbo 09, Mar 26, 2018.

1. dmrbigeshott

dmrbigeshott

Yup, but only 2 season :(

2. Oger

Oger

Carrots,apples,beets and four pointers

3. Jdhunttrapfish

Jdhunttrapfish

I watch a few online shows but nothing on TV, I have heard most of the tv people just go and hunt these places and have never even been there before, Midwest whitetail is a good show, yes winke has a manger farm but he doesn't shoot Giants every year and there are alot of other good guys on Midwest whitetail that are good guys and know how to hunt, growing deer is another because they show everything they do and teach what they preach, they have turned a piece of unproductive ground in the Ozarks into a deer paradise and they made it that way, but my new favorite has to be the hunting public those guys work harder than any guys I've seen on any show, they teach the veiwer alot and they always give you a good laugh, them guys are crazy and they have fun and enjoy everything they do even if they don't shoot a monster buck

4. Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Agree - Midwest Whitetail and Growing Deer TV are 2 of my favorites. My wife and I even took the opportunity to go to Grant Woods' "Proving Grounds" in Missouri during one of his "Field Days" weekends a few years ago - very educational.

5. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

I saw Dr. Woods speaking at one of the shows last year or the year before. I REALLY liked his presentation. When I think about QDMA, I try to keep him front and center, because it reaffirms my reason for membership despite others' ignorant subversion. Did you like Dr. Woods?

6. Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Love Grant Woods. He is definitely one of the top Whitetail Deer experts in the country and has spent a lifetime researching and practicing "all things deer". He willingly shares his knowledge with everyone and anyone willing to listen.

7. gtokid1

gtokid1

Pigman

Bucman likes this.
  8. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

Right on. Thank you.

As far as the topic of the OP goes, I readily consume any and all deer hunting shows while in the exercise room (well, maybe the ratio switches to fishing shows for summer). I can look past all the sponsorships, because even though they can be distracting, I get the business side. The ones that I have on DVR right now include Michigan Gone Wild, Michigan Out of Doors, Major League Bowhunter, Drury's Natural Born, Grace Camo & Lace, Buckventures the Woodsman, and North American Whitetail. They all tell a different type of story, but I find them interesting and entertaining.

Michigan Out of Doors might be my favorite because they are becoming really good storytellers and highlight/detail ALL of Michigan's offerings in such a fine manner. The Michigan Gone Wild theme song gets stuck in my head and I like their show too.

U of M Fan and Wild Thing like this.
  9. hunterrep

hunterrep

The only show I watch any more is MOD and Gun It with Benny Spies. Great entertainment along with real life hunting scenarios.

DirtySteve likes this.
  10. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

I have not watched a hunting or fishing show in several years, not since I was driving truck and watched them just to try to remember what fun was.

JQ13 likes this.
  11. PunyTrout

PunyTrout Staff Member Mod

How about "The High Road" with Keith Warren? It should be called 'The High Fence'...or farce.

12. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

The only shows I watch any more is Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke, The Hunting Public with Zack and Arron, that's about it as the rest are a joke. I wish Gene and Barry Wensel would do a show. Them Guys know how to hunt.

13. BUCK/PIKE

BUCK/PIKE

I really like bill winke.he does chasing November on you tube and that's my favorite...i really like mood too

14. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Back home to Michigan, Van Buren and Iosco
    I like to watch Michigan whitetail pursuit on YouTube. Seems very realistic as far as the deer they are shooting and it's not always the same people.

Sent from my XT1585 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

15. dirk18

dirk18

Hell, if you want to do a real-world hunt, come hang out with me in middle of the thumb on 18 acres. Our property holds little deer due to scarve cover and little food, but we are lucky enough to shoot at least one 6pt. per year.