Did you fish new places this year ?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Anita Dwink, Aug 4, 2020.

1. The Mediocre Fisherman

The Mediocre Fisherman

Fished 5 new places for me this year.

Ice fished Higgins lake... caught smelt and a cisco.
    Fished a tiny little creek, said to have brookies... caught chubs.
    Fished off the Petoskey pier... caught smallmouth and too many gobies.
    Night fished the Grand in the boat... caught smallmouth, suckers, rock bass, and a nice channel cat.
    Fished at Tippy dam... caught a rotting king.

It’s a good thing I had so much success at most of the new places I tried, cause all of my usual spots blew this year.

Hardly any trout at my regular trout’n spot.

Caught almost jack squat for large mouth bass this year compared to previous years. My most productive spot received a weed treatment recently, and a 5 bass per trip spot is now a 5 trips per bass kinda location.

Caught much bigger bluegill than normal this year in a regular spot, so that was good, but never enough of them in a single sitting where I felt like taking them home, so over the side went the live well most times.

2. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Found quite a few new places all on LSC. Most are quite the hike from the launches and require spending most of the day due to distance. Trophy gills and sunnies along with decent perch all summer long.... Earlier in the season using a bug rod was insane!

Amazingly everyone just blows by them LOL

jumbojake and tincanary like this.

3. tincanary

tincanary

I had a blast when we went out. We gotta do that again.

4. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Thinking this weekend if the winds cooperate. Might have to change techniques with the cooler water

5. Fishndude

Fishndude

You should visit Wakeley Lake sometime. Your kind of place. ;)

MSUFW07 likes this.
  6. MSUFW07

MSUFW07

I looked and if it wasn't so far from me or my cottage I would. Sometime if I end up over in that area I will check it out. Recommendations closer to Baldwin are appreciated though.

7. Wannabe Angler

Wannabe Angler

Added 2 more in last week - Cass Lake (Seems could be really good but we got blown around last Wed w just a couple Pike) and Lake Sixteen last night (decent evening but not amazing - 3 bass, 4 pans) Sunset on Lake Sixteen was nice, love those smaller peaceful lakes.

8. Anita Dwink

Anita Dwink

I fished 4 new places since my last post. One was a dud but more due to timing, the 2nd I usually ice fish but tried casting with not much luck 20200910_141732.jpg . The other 2 - 1 on a drowned rivermouth and the other a river both connected me with some nice King action.

9. Allen Morgan

Allen Morgan

I went to Tippy last Monday, didn't catch squat. Saw some Salmon, just didn't catch one. I will admit that I don't know squat about cold-water species.