Devils lake ND

Discussion in 'Out of State Ice Fishing' started by michael marrs, Mar 2, 2018.

1. michael marrs

michael marrs

at archery league last night, my ice fishing buddy mentioned planning a trip , next year to the above. I heard it is a great walleye, pike, perch fishery, and I would like to spear pike there. I have also read s,( somewhere, can't find it). that the amount of fish you could bring home was very low. I really do not want to drive that far, to play catch and release. What do any of you know about the lake? gathering info to see if I am interested or not, thanks

2. rippper

rippper

Google is your friend 20180302_075246.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

hawgeye and michael marrs like this.

3. michael marrs

michael marrs

Thanks Ripper, that is a great start. I think I will google and get non res prices

4. rippper

rippper

i would like to make that trip sometime..... got a couple buddy's that would go too, long ride in the winter.

5. michael marrs

michael marrs

I know My friend found a place to stay, I think $150 a night, but they supply everything, . I told him it is 1000 miles each way, and my cat traveling days are not so much look forward to these days

6. Mr. Botek

Mr. Botek

North Dakota non-resident fishing licenses are inexpensive. If you spear you will need to register as a spearer after you buy your license, but that is free.

I went there spearing two winters ago. It was worth every penny in my book!

The daily pike limit is 5, possession is 10. No size limit, but we didn't see any under 26". None over 35" on the trip for us, but generally two pike in the hole at all times and as many as four on occasion.

rippper likes this.
  7. The Doob

The Doob

Just got back from Devils Lake (report in other DL thread) and confirm the above report. We spoke with three elderly gentleman that had their limits by noon the two days we spoke with them

8. Mr. Botek

Mr. Botek

Here's one of the video's I took on one of our spearing sits. My wife and I each took our two person daily and possession limits in two half day sits. We sat together and at the same spot both days. That was 20 pike for us, not counting how many the guides and other clients had taken up to that point of the season, which was late February.

If you don't like country music turn off the volume.