Devils Lake ND

Discussion in 'Out of State Ice Fishing' started by EZHOOPS, Dec 20, 2016.

1. EZHOOPS

EZHOOPS

planning my first trip to Devils lake. Anyone have any advice? Plan to hire perch patrol for a few days.
    ideas, suggestions, welcome.

2. gillcommander

gillcommander

I've fished with the Perch Patrol a few times. It's a good trip and they have a bunch of guides working together to keep clients on fish. It's a good trip you will have fun!

3. canyard

canyard

How much does that cost roughly roundtrip and hiring a guide

4. The Doob

The Doob

We went last year on 3/1 - 3 and fished with Big John guide service. He previously worked with perch patrol but offers a better experience in my estimation (the perch patrol guys were following him around!).
    Stayed at Fireside motel at a reduced rate through Big John. (@ $45 a night per person).
    We got our limit of walleye and just a few short of our limit of perch (our own decision as we had a strict 9 inch minimum - largest was 14.5").
    It was $150 per day, per person and we fished both out of a luxury fish house and a 2 man thermal Otter.
    It was a 2 man trip and we spent @ $800 each for food, gas, lodging and guide service for 3 days, 4 nights.
    6 of us are going back this year on the same dates.
    Feel free to PM me with any further questions you might have

bkuku2, gatorman841 and slabstar like this.
  5. eyeshaveit49

eyeshaveit49

We were not impressed with Perch Patrol. Left us sit at Woodland Resort the first day until after 9:30 and did not move around much looking for fish.
    I would recommend Big Johns over Zippy all day long.

6. HevyD

HevyD

We used the perch patrol last year and had a good time. We didn't get any limits but all of us caught perch. I do wish we had moved more. Our guide was always fishing elsewhere trying to find better fish but never really found them. Lol

7. St. Clair Slayer

St. Clair Slayer

What is the daily and total allowable limit for perch and walleye on Devils and North Dakota?

8. MrFysch

MrFysch

5 walleye...no size limit
    20 perch
    I also hear the pike fishing is off the scale awesome.....I have a contact from bow hunting out there who has a house on the lake. Last time I talked with him just after Xmas they had a bunch of snow and it was snow machines and tracked atv's only for travel.

9. The Doob

The Doob

From our trip last year:
    [​IMG]

You can bring home 80 perch and 10 walleye - I don't know why they allow a 4 day limit in possession for perch but only a 2 day limit of walleye.

We brought home 20 walleye and 148 perch fishing with Big Johns Guide Service. Look up John Adams, Devils Lake and he posts his fishing results daily.

gatorman841 likes this.
  10. The Doob

The Doob

I can concur the on pike fishing. There were a lot of guys that targeted them and they were bringing in some monsters to the fish cleaning station.

11. St. Clair Slayer

St. Clair Slayer

Geez, that perch in the front of the table scares me!! If I put a perch like that on the wall it would have to be in a different room from my 10# walleye. nobody would notice the walleye if the perch hung in the same room.

Bruce William likes this.
  12. obeRON

obeRON

I fished with perch patrol and had a great time. I have no reason to look elsewhere for a guide service when I go back. We caught some true jumbo perch, several 15"ers.

13. The Doob

The Doob

Good to hear Obe, always good to have options

14. Steelhead616

Steelhead616

Heading to nd feb 27 using perch patrol. Had any one else used them read some bad reviews online. Bringing my father in law bucket list thing. Dont want to be a bust

15. eboll

eboll

We used perch eyes when we went out there a few years ago. They were excellent, and got us out when perch patrol couldn't. They run tracks on their machines, so they get to their hotspots regardless of how much snow there is.