close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Destruction of No Trespassing signs..............

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Marty H, Sep 13, 2017.

1. swampbuck

swampbuck

It's unfortunate how antler obsession has divided neighbors.

2. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

I specialize in twisting things around. One of my strengths. Or perhaps it's a character flaw?? Open to interpretation I suppose.

ibthetrout likes this.

3. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

You forgot the third question. Is this neighbor by chance also a relative? I'm hoping there's more to the story and that this guy is like a crazy uncle or something.

4. Bucman

Bucman

Like mine! He kept taking mine down across the road from his house! So I put them up with a ladder. Guess he wasn't ambitious enough to do it anymore. Oh and I asked him to stop also!! He doesn't even hunt :confused:

5. Marty H

Marty H

Thanks for the replies but there is no humor in this situation right now. They've done some other things we suspect and my wife is getting nervous about their mental state of mind. We've owned the property for about 10 years and I've never felt the need to post signs in that corner but after today I think I may post about 8 more along their property line !

6. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

That's what I'm talking about! Family involvement always sweetens these scenarios.

Me: Uncle Joe, why do you keep taking my signs down?

Uncle Joe: Cuz' I'm your uncle, boy. Got any other stupid questions?

7. Bucman

Bucman

Sorry for you and your family. I'm not making light of this situation. It's terribly stressful. Post the s#%t out of it and get the law involved. Cameras don't lie but neighbors do sometimes! Hope the best for you.

aph and Marty H like this.
  8. TCcrawdad

TCcrawdad

Wait for the CO and they'll prosecute, dealt with the same thing last year. Trespassers kept taking it down and when questioned about it, their response was "well why is there hunters in there when is says no hunting?" People like that don't learn from talking.

9. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

When we're antlers brought up?....lets leave this discussion to the active hunters not retirees

10. sniper

sniper

Lol...Everytime he opens his trap, a fly jumps in for a meal...He's done a action he can't reverse and refuses to realize the outcome from it...
    Unbelievable..

11. angry angler

angry angler

Yup! Intimidation works best. Let them know if they cross that line it will come to blows. I'm too old for playing games with signs that they will tear down when your gone that's girl stuff. Lol

12. RMH

RMH Premium Member

Who are we to judge......

Carry on!!

I think the OP should also do some brandishing while hanging some signs.
    [​IMG]

13. jstfish48162

jstfish48162

Maybe the neighbor is just a plain A-HOLE and nothing short of "Johnny Law" is going to deter him from being that way.
    There may have been a tragedy in his family or lost his job or something like that? Not defending his actions by any means just throwing those possibilities into the mix.
    Either way I would make another call to the CO, especially if things have escalated.
    Good luck and hopefully the situation is resolved with no more issues.

14. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

When you see the sun rise in the morning does that get you to start thinking about antlers too ? No matter the subject, you bring up the antlers. Who has an obsession ?

L & O

15. RMH

RMH Premium Member

Or maybe the OP is the A-hole....how are we to know. We are only getting one side of the story you know.

kingfisher 11 likes this.